Windows Server & XBMC
Hi all,

I have just set up my AppleTV with XBMC to be a receiver to my Windows Server PC which is right next to my AppleTV connected via Ethernet. I was just curious to know if anyone knew how I would go about getting the two talking together so I could access all the media files on my media hard drive connected to the windows server and access the files on xbmc?

Thanks in advance.
Can the AppleTV connect to SMB shares? A quick Google suggests the answer is "yes" but the setup looks a bit non-trivial. Alternatively use the Windows FTP server. I've just tested this on my Server 2003 setup and it works, though it's a bit slower to browse than an SMB share. I just created an FTP virtual directory pointing to the folder where all my mp3s are.

JR

PS

jmarshall Wrote:XBMC can connect to SMB shares regardless of whether or not the AppleTV can Wink

Cool. No, make that very cool :-)
XBMC can connect to SMB shares regardless of whether or not the AppleTV can Wink

Basically just share the files on the server, then Add Source->Browse->Windows Network Shares->Select your server->select your share.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Server & XBMC0