Pause command problem
I'm having a problem with the pause command when the Music tab is open. If I press the space bar to pause the playing track, the user interface flicks to the visualization screen for about 1 second then back to the Music tab and the track is not paused. If I press the space bar to pause a track while on the Home screen, the playing track is correctly paused. Does anyone else have this problem? Im using version 9.11.0.0.
Yes, though I have yet to work out exactly why. It's to do with the key mappings. If you edit C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml and search for <space> you'll find:

<space>Pause</space>

in the <global> section then:

<space>Highlight</space>

in the <MyFiles> section then:

<space>Playlist</space>

in the <MyMusicPlaylist>, <MyMusicFiles>, <MyMusicLibrary>, <MyVideoLibrary>, <MyVideoFiles> and <MyVideoPlaylist> section.

If you delete every occurence of <space>Playlist</space> (back up keyboard.xml first!) then space will work as it should. However I confess I don't see why the above sections should affect playback of an MP3 or video.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Yes, though I have yet to work out exactly why. It's to do with the key mappings. If you edit C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml and search for <space> you'll find:

<space>Pause</space>

in the <global> section then:

<space>Highlight</space>

in the <MyFiles> section then:

<space>Playlist</space>

in the <MyMusicPlaylist>, <MyMusicFiles>, <MyMusicLibrary>, <MyVideoLibrary>, <MyVideoFiles> and <MyVideoPlaylist> section.

If you delete every occurence of <space>Playlist</space> (back up keyboard.xml first!) then space will work as it should. However I confess I don't see why the above sections should affect playback of an MP3 or video.

JR
I'm going to try out your suggestion now - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pause command problem0