How do XBMC handle 24bit 96kHz music on ATV?
I know that the audio device on ATV is capable of 24bit 96kHz signal processing and I have a DAC which also capable of 24bit 96kHz signal processing,it link to ATV with an optical fiber.when I play a 24bit 96kHz FLAC file on XBMC,will the ATV give out 24bit 96kHz signal to my DAC or will it convert the signal to 48kHz?
I have this qestion because of I have some 24bit 192kHz file that I suppose neither ATV nor my DAC can replay,but when I tried,they played just fine.
I think it may have something to do with the sound system,so I tried XBMC on Linux too,on Linux the 192kHz file give only noise,which prooved my thought.
My DAC can not display the input signal's sample rate,so I still wonder if XBMC just resample the 192kHz signal when it detect the audio device can not replay it or XBMC will resample any thing to 48kHz?
ATV does not have the capability for 24/192 AFAIK, At least its not worked for me in any fashion. I think the apple software on there which is a cut down tiger software simply does not have the option for output types as a proper install of OSX on say a mini would.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.
garyi Wrote:ATV does not have the capability for 24/192 AFAIK, At least its not worked for me in any fashion. I think the apple software on there which is a cut down tiger software simply does not have the option for output types as a proper install of OSX on say a mini would.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

It's actually a 10.4/10.5 mix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do XBMC handle 24bit 96kHz music on ATV?0