Resize "Windowed" Mode
Hi All,

I have a question if it is possible to resize the "Windowed" mode (So the windowed screen is bigger)

Why you ask? because XBMC Fails to work with a touchscreen in "Full" mode, when changing to "Windowed" mode it works perfect! so if it is possible to resize the "Windowed" mode i will have a work-a-round

Hope somebody can help

Greetz
of course you can - as long as you have a window manager just resize it like you would any other window.
But if i install XBMC live on the hardisk (the machine is only for XBMC) there is no window manager right? can you give me a tip for a program which work with XBMC live and is a light program?

Tnx
uhm, it uses a twm i believe - so you should have one avail.
Can you please tell me how it works or where i must look.
The problem is making me crazy

Kind Regards
Somebody?
Just grab a corner and slide the window bigger Wink
Big Grin, lol

But seri is there a way to have a super lite window manager running together with XBMC Live? so no Big Ubuntu distri's but only a super lite window manager.

Or is there a wat to start the program "Devilspie" before XBMC live, so i can let devilspie make it "Fake Fullscreen?"
In guisettings.xml you can change resolution size for fullscreen.....don't know for sure but probably also for windowed mode.. (I'm not behind my system can't check)
I tried to change the resolution in de guisettings.xml, but every time i start XBMC it overwrites the new settings with (stored?) old ones, is there a other location where i must change these settings?
I change them now in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/

Edit no 1.

Even if i delete the file and start XBMC, XBMC generates a new one with the standard values, so where can i change the standard values?
I'm home and did check guisettings.xml and windowed resolution is there..
But indeed the old setting overwrites the new setting Eek

I'm using windows... so can drag very easy my window to the size I want.
This way it will be stored in guisettings.xml just fine.

Can't help u on linux Blush

Edit:

Changing default setting would be done in Guisettings.xml

Fullscreen is no problem to change
Just windowed won't keep settin...why I don't know
Mmm...tnx for your help!
Does somebody else has a clue?

Kind Regards
bump
Spider Wrote:Mmm...tnx for your help!
Does somebody else has a clue?

Kind Regards

I'm amazed at the overwhelming response to the "touchscreen issues" i see out there... the people with the problem are fervent about solving, while those that aren't running touchscreen kinda have a collective "meh" attitude... *sigh* the way of the world though....

I'm working on a solution to the problem myself as well, since i have a full 24 inch touchscreen monitor hooked to and asus eeePC in my kitchen wall, and I've run several different versions of ubuntu and setups with XBMC, but i WANT a stripped down linux with just XBMC, so as to maximize performance...

now i did run ubuntu's UNR (net book remix) and there is a daemon in there called maximus, that automatically re-sizes all applications/windows to be maximized, but NOT full-screen... using live or linux this could be the key we're looking for. currently doing an upgrade on mine now to see if that will get it all working with minimal fuss... and will keep you posted...
Quote:I'm amazed at the overwhelming response to the "touchscreen issues" i see out there... the people with the problem are fervent about solving, while those that aren't running touchscreen kinda have a collective "meh" attitude... *sigh* the way of the world though....
Not to make light of the issues, but if this problem is somehow related to the way a touchscreen operates, not saying it is, but if that's the case, then those without a touchscreen cannot solve the problem for those with one.

If the guisettings.xml files keep getting overwritten across a reboot, try setting them to read-only, e.g. chmod 555 guisettings.xml. It's not an elegant fix, but it might work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resize "Windowed" Mode1