How well does Alaska run under AppleTV?
I been using a stripped down version of Aeon Auriga but it's still slow. Was curious as how Alaska is on the AppleTV?
Smile 
turbinez Wrote:I been using a stripped down version of Aeon Auriga but it's still slow. Was curious as how Alaska is on the AppleTV?

It works very nice in my XBOX, so i think APPLE TV should not have a problem running this skin.Smile
Reaven said it performs well I think with fanart off. Hope that helps.
awesome! Hopefully it'll run much nicer than Aeon Auriga. Smile Can't wait to try it out.

wow, alaska actually runs pretty well on my appletv! Please keep Alaska clean and simple. Don't overdo it and add too much to it and make it bloated. I like how its very simple and clean interface now. Smile
Yea it runs beautifully on ATV, really does XBMC justice.
turbinez Wrote:awesome! Hopefully it'll run much nicer than Aeon Auriga. Smile Can't wait to try it out.

wow, alaska actually runs pretty well on my appletv! Please keep Alaska clean and simple. Don't overdo it and add too much to it and make it bloated. I like how its very simple and clean interface now. Smile
Glad it works, and don't worry, Alaska is the 'Anti-Aeon'.

EDIT: If you find fanart is slowing things down you could always resize and rescape them.

Try 640x360 as the difference wont be anywhere near as noticeable as other skins where the fanart is clear.
As an ATV user I can confirm that Alaska works smoothly. Using it as my default skin for some weeks now.
leaping into this thread: I'm running Alaska along with XBMC 9.11 Beta1 on my MacBook Pro (late '07) under OS X 10.6.2 and I have some serious performance problems. Despite the almost dying fans (around 3500 rpm) and CPU temp (around 74°C) the performance is really really bad (lagging controls etc, looks like 5fps in a game Sad), even in the home menu or settings (so I don't think its caused by fanart). Am I the only one with this problem? Changing to e.g. PM3.HD helps, but it's not my fav skin Wink
have you installed all the components (extras, videos, pictures and so on) or just the skin ?

thank you
blubb1 Wrote:leaping into this thread: I'm running Alaska along with XBMC 9.11 Beta1 on my MacBook Pro (late '07) under OS X 10.6.2 and I have some serious performance problems. Despite the almost dying fans (around 3500 rpm) and CPU temp (around 74°C) the performance is really really bad (lagging controls etc, looks like 5fps in a game Sad), even in the home menu or settings (so I don't think its caused by fanart). Am I the only one with this problem? Changing to e.g. PM3.HD helps, but it's not my fav skin Wink

try updating first...Big Grin
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How well does Alaska run under AppleTV?0