Change home icon based on submenu item?
Hi all,

After great help in my last thread I'm getting alaska set up almost exactly as I want, I've setup the video home menu item to be links to my favourite plugins and playlists.

Is there any easy way when adding items to the submenu to have it change the image displayed like with the recently added items.

I want to have setions for iplayer, hd movies, documentaries...etc. and have the image change to reflect which item I am going to.

any ideas how I can change this?
I would really like this too... Smile

Sub menus with Documentaries, Stand-up etc. and changing icons would be nice.
I think thats a limitation of xbmc itself. The only way to separate out documentaries, standup etc is via Sets.

See:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63476
Just to clarify, I've already created the submenu items I just need to know how to change the image displayed in the video panel from the default depending on what item is selected.
I would be interested in this aswell. Would be nice to have the image switch to the iplayer logo when I change to its submenu item.
I've included the ability to add your own images for Custom Sub Menu buttons but they will require a bit of user legwork.

PHP Code:
    <!--TV Sub Menu-->
    <include 
name="CustomTVButtons">
        <
control type="button" id="3507">
            <
label>$LOCALIZE[40170]</label>
            <
onclick>ActivateWindow(24,plugin://video/IPlayer/?tvradio=tv)</onclick>

<include>Home_MainMenuLabel</include>
        </
control>
    </include>
    <include 
name="CustomTVImages">
        <
control type="image">
            <include>
Home_MainMenuIconF</include>
            <
texture diffuse="mainmenu/homematte.png" fallback="backdrops/tvshows.jpg">customimages/iplayer.jpg</texture>
            <
visible>ControlGroup(3500).HasFocus() + ControlGroup(3500).HasFocus(3507)</visible>
        </
control>
    </include> 
and the result -

edit: I asked a question but found answer to it myself.. shame you cant delete your own posts in here Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change home icon based on submenu item?0