Help with Custom Internal IR / Xbox DVD Playback
I have converted my XBOX DVD Playback Kit dongle to USB and have my Harmony 880 remote working flawlessly in Lirc. Now I plan to install the MS/RCA IR receiver internally. I am hitting 1 snag.

The shape of the original IR Receiver module (photo eye) is not round so I will need to replace it. To achieve a clean, professional install, I plan to drill a small round hole in the front of the the Revo case, just below the angled front USB port. Then I will mount the IR eye in this hole.

Since the DVD playback kit is RCA I believe I need to a module with 36 khz frequency. Unfortunately, Radioshack is really starting to suck and doesn't sell anything but the 38khz module. I found some stuff at Mouser.com, but I don't know what to buy. My requirements are that the IR module must be round and must operate 36khz.

Any suggestions on where to purchase one of these. Here is what I found:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx...tsop+36khz

Thanks for any help on this. I plan to write a guide for interal IR on Revo with pics when I'm done. Replace IR eye and solder 4 wires........should be a piece of cake once I have the parts.

-hogfan
Why not pop the lens out of the dvd playback kit and mount that in your case? Then it doesn't matter what the IR rx looks like and you get the excellent response of the original.
I may end up doing that. I would have to cut the lens down to a smaller circle most likely, but that would probably work. From the pics I've seen of the inside of the Revo, I should be able to just tie the wiring into the contact points for the front angled USB. it looks like it is on it's own PCB. Time to get the Dremel out!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Custom Internal IR / Xbox DVD Playback0