Movie and TV Show tabs gone?
Hi guys basically i was trying to use xbmc for the first time today so this might be an easy thing to fix. what happened is i add a directory to the "movies" tab in aeon. then once i quit and customised tabs the TV shows tab and Movies tab have gone. i definietly have them selected to be show and i have tried everything now. i have purged everything. i have unistalled and reinstalled, everything but no luck. also in the backdrops page i can still customise the backdrops for the 2 missing tabs but i cand actually see them in the main menu. any help will be much appriciated. thanks.
I am having the same problem, only just the MOVIES tab is missing. (Using LINUX version, quite new to this).

Did you find a solution to this?

Thanks.
Switch to confluence. Do the Movies and TV Shows items appear on the Video submenu? If so, its an Aeon problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d Wrote:Switch to confluence. Do the Movies and TV Shows items appear on the Video submenu? If so, its an Aeon problem.
Thanks for the reply kraqh3d. In Confluence the MOVIES tab is greyed out in the settings, which again is a bit of a mystery to me. (Sorry, I don't know how to take a screenshot from within XBMC on LINUX, so this is from my phone's camera).

I have not changed anything in the xbmc files. Under Aeon (Showmix), I had edited an xml file because tabs with custom Backdrops were displaying paths instead of their proper names, but I don't think it is related. I backed up that xml file and when I replaced the original the problem was still there. To be safe, I even deleted that entire folder in Aeon and downloaded the entire thing again fresh. I have not changed any other settings and have tried purge as well.

Any thoughts? Thanks again for your help.
UPDATE [SOLVED-- in my case]

Well, that was stupid of me. I'll post anyway, in case it helps some other newbie. (Is it rationalizing to believe this might be common among newbs?)

It turns out that my scraper hadn't actually retrieved any info for my movies when the folder was scanned. So as far as library mode was concerned, I had no movies, and Aeon Showmix only operates in library mode from what I can tell.

I added a movie manually, in Confluence (Context menu in non-library mode), then made sure they showed up in library mode. Then went back into the settings and made sure that the Movies tab was set to display in the skin. Lesson learned. Sort your library out first, then play with fancy skins.

Thanks again for offering your help. Had you not pointed me back to Confluence, I doubt I would've figured this out for a while.
Heh Smile That's what I wanted to verify. I don't use any other skins, so I cant comment on what they are checking. Confluence, in particular, is checking to see if the Library contains any movies. If not, the Movies option is not available in the Videos submenu. Likewise, the option to hide it is greyed out and unavailable.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hi, please
i tried everything and i still can't bring back the tv shows and the movies tabs!
please if u know the solusion to this problem, in the SKIN SETTINGS they seem to have been deleted. i can not approach them there.
Your video sources probably do not have set content.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_scan
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Go to Settings > Skin settings > Main Menu items > Movie tab click on it.
(2017-10-26, 19:01)scorp350 Wrote: Go to Settings > Skin settings > Main Menu items > Movie tab click on it.

You couldn't wait 2 more days for an official 2 year necro could you? Tongue Tongue Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie and TV Show tabs gone?0