Bad hardware quality issues of Broadcom Crystal HD Mini-PCIe cards?
Sad to say that I now have had issues with two cards that I ordered on Ebay. Two different sellers but both broken. Is it just me or are you guys having the same problems. I have now ordered a third card. from the beginning I thought that hey, 24 bucks is nothing but multiplied with three it is now something. What im trying to say here is (and maybe this is connected to the "where can i buy crystal hd cards") but I want to make sure that my order goes to a reliable company so I know that my card i functional when it reach me. So first of all the quality issue, and second, where can I buy cards that are ok.
Bought mine from motd2k on eBay (in the UK) - not sure if they ship internationally but mine worked first time.
I purchased mine on ebay out of Honkey Kong, from dreambestbuy. Works like a charm!
same here, from dreambestbuy.

no issues.
another dreambestbuy and no issues
Ebay, the seller was osstore001 from Hong Kong.
I waited about 20 days.
dreambestbuy, works like a charm!
CrystalHD Installer XBMC Community Forum Thread -
Apple TV CrystalHD Installer Announcement - Broadcom CrystalHD Installer
http://www.sartori.at/ - my weblog

Sync your MAC and Google Account (+ Google Apps) - Click here for 5$ Discout

Living Room: HFX Micro black - Zotac IONITX G - Intel X25V - Hama remote
Bedroom: Linux AppleTV - CrystalHD
preppie Wrote:Sad to say that I now have had issues with two cards that I ordered on Ebay. Two different sellers but both broken. Is it just me or are you guys having the same problems. I have now ordered a third card. from the beginning I thought that hey, 24 bucks is nothing but multiplied with three it is now something. What im trying to say here is (and maybe this is connected to the "where can i buy crystal hd cards") but I want to make sure that my order goes to a reliable company so I know that my card i functional when it reach me. So first of all the quality issue, and second, where can I buy cards that are ok.

How are they broken and why aren't you sending them back when you find that they are broken?
this dreabestbuy guy should give us a discount for PR ))
dreambestbuy, no problems
I bought my first one from Logic Supply, and now a second one from, you guessed it... dreambestbuy and have not had any issues.
notebookelite on ebay, no problems so far
I've mentioned this before and I'll mention it again.

Old layout CrystalHD cards found on ebay are a) pulls from existing systems or b) they fell off the truck leaving the production plant. These "old layout" cards were never offered for sale by themselves and were sold always bundled with some system.

New layout CrystalHD cards found at LogicSupply are new and "blessed" by Broadcom for individual sales. I've never seen a new layout card sold on ebay even though many ebay sites have pictures of something that looks like a new layout card.

From the feed back and downloads that I have seem, most ebay cards are good but some seem to have a problem. These could be from a production lot marked defective, who knows. As always with any ebay purchase, it's buyer beware and you should make sure the seller will cover defective items.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bad hardware quality issues of Broadcom Crystal HD Mini-PCIe cards?0