Some requests and "would-like-to's"
hi all...

first of all big regards to the whole xbmc crew and all the guys that help here to get it better and better.

xbmc is my fav. dashboard...

but i got some problems and also some things that would be needed to just use xbmc.

1. first of all i havent figured out how to forward and rewind mp3's. i read in info files that those functions arent mapped to the controller, but to the remote. coudlnt you do it like its done on the video playback?

2. is there a way for maybe implementing a web browser into xbmc? like a clone of mozilla...

3. the shortcuts which you can edit in the xbmc... .xml file (like for video or mp3 folders) could be changed in options. so that the xbmc restarts and on exit edits the .xml on its own. would be more comfortabel to newbies and pc noobs :p

4. a normal file browser would be cool. so that displays all files (mp3, vids and also pics) so that you dont have to change every time the section if you wanna play a different fileformat.
[my music = only for music / my videos = only for vids / ... / new: file browser = for all ]

edit: i found the one in options... Smile put into the main view :p

5. additional to this filemanager there could be the function to copy files to the hdd. i can rip normal cdda's but cant copy my mp3's from cd...

6. not needed but what about a plugin for mp3 playback that does a crossover fade between songs. like winamp did once...

so guys i said to much as i think :p
would be glad to here at least your oppinions to my ideas.
dont just ignore me Smile

cya and keep up the good work
1. my music is not as developed as my videos, hopefully that will be looked by one of our devs soon

2. forget about it.. we're a mediacenter, not an all-in-one app. just forget about it...

3. n/a yet, you can however change via webinterface (our builtin webserver)

4. my files not good?

5. weird, but i never tested so i cant tell. i do all my xfers over ftp

6. not possible.. search the forums for "crossfade" for more info
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thx for the short answer...

1. cool, hopefully they will
2. dont be angry :p just would be a nice thing
3. accepted, but would be good
4. my files: mhm am i missing something
5. ok... devs work on it Wink
6. oki doki

:p

so my next ideas hopefully will be better
cya
3, 4, and 5 should be working with the new filemanager. please report if they aren't. my files has been redone from the 20th, share editing from within xbmc was done around the 30th in everything except my programs.

2's not going to happen - use linksboxx if you want to browse the web, xbmc uses a lot of memory already, and a separate app is really the only way to go here.

as pike says, 1 will be done eventually, and 6 is currently not possible using the mplayer core - a new core would need to be written (ie a fair amount of work).

cheers,
jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

moving to garbage bin, because 1 only request7suggestion per thread is allowed, 2 all of that has already been requested or supported.

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/info_faq.htm#30
Quote:q: where can i request a new feature or function to be implemented in a future release?
a: ......note! only one feature per request and forum thread is allowed (for easier manageability).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some requests and "would-like-to's"0