Most TV Shows disappear in library mode?
XBMC 9.11 on an intel 2.53 mac mini running confluence skin with wall view mod.

Over the past week I have tried each tv show scraper every day. Trying to get a mix of results to form a direction or reason to this. Each time I refresh library paths so that I don't pull old information. One TV scraper does very well and others do not do so well.

Anyway when I click in to "Videos" using list mode I can see each television show I have stored on my NAS server. When I go in to "TV Shows" I get wonderful fan art for most of what I have on the server but the column to the right indicates zero files on the majority of my collection. Sure enough its right. In the "TV Shows" menu XBMC places the fan art but does not bring the shows along with it.

Movies is almost at 100 percent. Some things like gone in 60 seconds pull a DVD cover from the 70's and basics like Batman get stuck with a thumbnail and no DVD cover. As a former Myth TV user I kinda miss the option to input a IMDB number manually to fix improper scrapes. It would be a nice feature to have especially since most of the 3rd party fixes mentioned dont work on a mac. Sorry but I am one of those who wont touch windows unless I am paid to. Even then... If this is remotely possible would it be a viable solution to fixing both TV and Movie scrapes across all the platforms?

I read lots of posts from folks having this issue on the windows version but I have not seen it mentioned on the mac thread. Mods if this is a double post on an existing issue please feel free to edit or remove.

quotaholic
A F'n Roku, cant wait to build a ryzen.
i read that scraping is not implemented for tv shows but movies should be okay..you need mythicalLibrarian if it ever gerts the bugs worked out
Scraping most certainly is implimented for TV shows, Uses TVDB as the scraper and nothing else.

Your tv shows HAVE to be organised thus:

TV show name (Folder)
TV show Season (folder)
Tv show episodes

Make sure the TV show folder name is spelt correctly.

Each show has to be named in a specific convention.

For instance The Simpson season 1:

The Simpsons.S01E01.avi
The Simpsons.S01E02.avi

And so on. If the S01E01 is no there or you will get away with 101, 102 then they will not scrape, simple as that.

I scraped four new tv shows only a few hours ago so TVDB is working fine.
yeah i meant its not supported unless you jump through thousands of hoops..you just cant set the content of the mythtv folder and have it scrpa e all that in..it doesnt work
Tv Shows scraping works beautifully if you follow naming conventions
quotaholic Wrote:Over the past week I have tried each tv show scraper every day. Trying to get a mix of results to form a direction or reason to this. Each time I refresh library paths so that I don't pull old information. One TV scraper does very well and others do not do so well.

Anyway when I click in to "Videos" using list mode I can see each television show I have stored on my NAS server. When I go in to "TV Shows" I get wonderful fan art for most of what I have on the server but the column to the right indicates zero files on the majority of my collection. Sure enough its right. In the "TV Shows" menu XBMC places the fan art but does not bring the shows along with it.

Your files are not being matched when they are scraped. More than likely they don't match the naming convention expected. Posting a debug log of the scan process and giving some example files names will let people help you.

Quote:Movies is almost at 100 percent. Some things like gone in 60 seconds pull a DVD cover from the 70's and basics like Batman get stuck with a thumbnail and no DVD cover. As a former Myth TV user I kinda miss the option to input a IMDB number manually to fix improper scrapes. It would be a nice feature to have especially since most of the 3rd party fixes mentioned dont work on a mac. Sorry but I am one of those who wont touch windows unless I am paid to. Even then... If this is remotely possible would it be a viable solution to fixing both TV and Movie scrapes across all the platforms?
You can already do this. Best way is to create a nfo with the url linking to the movie, then it will always be able to find it if you need to recreate your library. Alternatively (from memory so may not be exactly correct), select movie, press c to bring up context menu and then something like edit title.

watson540 Wrote:i read that scraping is not implemented for tv shows but movies should be okay..you need mythicalLibrarian if it ever gerts the bugs worked out
TV scraping is most definitely implemented and works fine.
Thanks for the help everyone. Thank you garyi for the example formatting. It makes sense. I just wish there was an automated solution. At least two weeks worth of renames ahead of me on TV shows alone.
If you give examples of your file names then you might have other options. Failing that, there are plenty of apps that will rename your files.
One example would be a folder that I have with each halloween episode from the Simpsons to date.

I collect weird things like each televised special about Nikola Tesla, The Planet Earth Series, Imax episodes, Victory by design a car special put on by speed (technically a mini series I suppose). WRC events, All Ghost in the Shell episodes... It goes on.

My Carnivale directory has Season 1 and Season 2 subdirectories. In each of those The naming convention is:

Carnivale.S01E01.avi
Carnivale.S01E02.avi

Same for Deadwood and the others that I changed last night by garyi's example. Dumped the paths on a different scrape then went back to thetvdb.org again dumping paths and starting over and results are still the same. In TV Shows menu fan art is there with zero shows.

I guess the part thats confusing is the fact that the fan art gets downloaded so there is the thought on the users end that things are going well in the background.

I would be very interested in knowing about alternatives to ember. Are there any such media mangers that work on Apple or Linux that anyone would recommend?

Thank you
quotaholic

PS rather new at debugging. Where can I find the log file?
Today was the first chance I have had to pull the debug file that was requested. Here is a link:

http://pastebin.com/m66c5e3b0

Went through naming convention again with the same results.

Also tried to donate to XBMC today with the card I use for all purchases, online buying as well, and it would not take. To say I have had problems with paypal in the past would be an understatement. Wouldn't be surprised if I was blacklisted in their system. Do any alternate methods of donation exist?

Thanks in advance
quotaholic
I was having the same problem but it was because my files were in Season folders. When I moved everything into the main folder (or if I had AT LEAST one file in the main folder), then it would suddenly find all of the shows.

For some reason though, if I have no files in my main TV show folder (ie TV Shows/LOST/) then it will not scrape the subfolders. If I do have one file there then it will, or if I move all the files into the LOST directory it will.
You know whats weird about this? I have a directory called "Top Gear". Inside of "Top Gear" is nothing but folders showing seasons 1 - 14. Not one file. In all the season folders reside each show and yes I took the time to match the naming convention that garyi demonstrated. All Top Gear episodes show up in the "TV Shows" Main Menu just fine.

I had the same in a directory called "Carnivale". Subdirectories showing season one and season two. Only the first season of Carnivale shows up in the "TV Shows" main menu.

I just finished doing what you suggested. I nuked the subdirectories identifying season and put all episodes in the "Carnivale" directory. Still only the first season shows up.

Deadwood is the same with subdirectories identifying season under the main Deadwood directory.Fan art is there but a zero is on the far right as none of the shows are getting registered.

I just took a look at that log file that I put up on pastebin and it looks like there are enough errors in there to screw a lot of things up. I am not a coder so that is a uneducated guess but I honestly think that no matter what file naming convention I adopt or folder and subdirectory layout I implement that this will be an ongoing problem.

I really wish there was a native tool (aka nothing involving nfo file editing) to correct these improper or non existent scrapes. Along with this it would be nice to have a bug generator that would make reporting these issues easier. Mythbuntu has a such a tool for generating a bug report as well as a tool to aim at an imdb number all through the gui. A lot of shows just show up as something else even though the naming is no where close to what is getting retrieved. Shows that are dead on in naming still show up as something else. I dont even have a faint guess as to what else I can do except submit a bug.
Here is something you can try. I can't say that I completely understand why this works yet but it did for me....

I was having the EXACT same problem. What made it even stranger for me is that I also run Plex and Boxee (still trying to decide which one fits me best,) and ALL shows scraped fine in them. Even tho I was using the exact same scrapers I decided to try renaming a few of the directories just to see...same results as you= same problem; did not fix.

The way I have them mounted in Boxee, Plex and my Movies source in XBMC is: smb://nas/share/videofolder/folder. This works perfect...except for my TV Shows.

In Finder: I mounted the same folder on the OSX desktop and added the login option to mount it each reboot.
Back in XBMC: I remapped my source to Volumes/share/videofolder/folder. Set all the correct options and hit OK. Everything scraped correctly. Doesn't make sense but it worked. I guess it could be permission related but again it works for everything else.

The main downside to this is that if the share becomes unmounted from the desktop and then you start XBMC it may remove the items from the library if the auto update feature is turned on.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the information. I will try some directory renaming on the shows mentioned that are only partially scraping. I also have osx set up to autologin and re associate to the nas in the event of sleep or reboot. I even use host names instead if ip addresses to keep things dynamic. My NAS is ftp://mediaserver.local and the mini is mediacenter.local.

The log file I pastebin'd is full of errors of thumbs not being deleted so even though the "cleaning up database" dialog finishes I feel that things are not downloading due to information already being in there from a previous scrape. In the past two weeks I have only had about an hour to play with one thing or another. I am hoping this changes soon so I can play around with a few things.

Thanks again, will report back if I make progress
quotaholic

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Most TV Shows disappear in library mode?0