Color Settings in XBMC
Colour Control....
....just put XBMC onto a little Fujitsu PC (MS Win XP Pro) with onboard graphics going into my 42" LCD TV (via DSub out to TV DSub in ) ....

Runs very well...BUT

All I can do to adjust picture quality is Brightness & Contrast on TV...

There seems to be no colour control at all within XBMC software....

Is there any way to adjust Saturation and RGB levels and tweek other related picture stuff (sharpness / hue ect ect ?)
No, but your gfx card should have settings. You would use desktop settings and not video settings once you find then.
>>>>No, but your gfx card should have settings. You would use desktop settings and not video settings once you find then.

..thanks for reply..... It seems strange that lots of Media Players have 'built in' control of graphics and sound (VLC, Gom ect) for colour/saturation/brightness/contrast/hue/sharpness ect ect.....

Would be nice if this was in XBMC as well !
+1 to request: developers, please put color controls on xbmc!
Please don't... We already have colour controls on the panels and the video card, don't add to the bulk of XBMC with one more redundant feature. The brightness and contrast are nice because they optimize the display for an individual movie (and saves those settings for a resume).
PatK Wrote:Please don't... We already have colour controls on the panels and the video card, don't add to the bulk of XBMC with one more redundant feature. The brightness and contrast are nice because they optimize the display for an individual movie (and saves those settings for a resume).

Indeed. If you need to add more settings there's IMO something wrong with you're setup/media.
I never have to change anything to the collor settings. You only need to tweek them once and that's it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Controls on video graphic panel we can't edit quick and easy from the couch with the remote control.
You never had to change color settings? lucky you! i had to do it anytime. Maybe a bad ripped film, maybe a tv broadcast with too many red color. There is a feature you don't use but other people want, so please respect and don't be egocentric, you are not the center of universe.

All other decent video players have that adjustment. VLC, gom player, bsplayer, mediaportal... why not xbmc? because certain people don't use it?
yastarabe Wrote:There is a feature you don't use but other people want, so please respect and don't be egocentric, you are not the center of universe.

All other decent video players have that adjustment. VLC, gom player, bsplayer, mediaportal... why not xbmc? because certain people don't use it?

Sorry. Wasn't not my intention to be egocentric.
I just couldn't imagine this was needed. No one i know uses the color settings. I really never have used it. Even in my graphics card or any other media player. I just calibrated my setup once.
If i find have a bad ripped film/show i throw it away. In the past i used to have DVD5 or DivX movies but now only use 1080p/720 media.

If it is needed for a group of people it is indeed a problem. So i hope for you (and other) that it will be included.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Me neither use color controls. But just yesterday, watching an old movie of my collection, i had the need to desaturate colors to improve the viewer experience, so i search the option on xbmc without success. Finally, i played the video with Gom player, who has saturation control.

I really like xbmc, so, instead of let it go and forget, i decided to write requesting this feature to developers, to improve xbmc. ¿Developers decide to decline my propposal? no problem, when i need to adjust color settings, i play my movies with another player, and all right.

The frustrating here is hear people saying "please don't add color control to xbmc, because i don't need this feature!" if anyone don't need this feature, please ignore this post.
The best thing about XBMC is the insane options and configurability.

I'd love to at least see the option to have its' own colour control.
SlaveUnit Wrote:No, but your gfx card should have settings. You would use desktop settings and not video settings once you find then.

Except if you user xbmc.exe as windows shell. Then you can't access any of the gfx card settings.
neoleo Wrote:Except if you user xbmc.exe as windows shell. Then you can't access any of the gfx card settings.

You could probably open the GPU control panel using the Launcher add-on.

Or you could not use XBMC as the shell.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Color Settings in XBMC0