Installing xbmclive to a Revo problem
Hi,

Am trying to install xbmc to my newly purchased Revo 3300. I have downloaded the ISO, burnt it to a CD, used my PC to install it to a USB drive.

Then i have booted the Revo and booted to the USB, loaded xbmc fine, however i want to install it to the hard drive of the Revo, I select the 'Install to HDD or USB' option, then it asks me if i want to continue, then it gets to the point where it finds the drives you want to install it to and i get

dev/sda does not contain a rootfs
dev/sdb does not contain a rootfs
dev/sdc does not contain a rootfs
dev/sdd does not contain a rootfs
dev/sde does not contain a rootfs
dev/sdf does not contain a rootfs
dev/sdg does not contain a rootfs

then it shuts down.

I presume the sda is the drive letter. Seems odd that it doesn't even pick up the USB drive it is running off.

If it wasn't painfully apparent already i know nothing about linux and my only knowledge of xbmc is from running it off an original xbox.

Any ideas? :confused2:
Just as an addition, if i don't disable 'boot to revoboot' in the Bios, whatever comes pre-packaged on it loads, which i presume is installed on the HDD

I am typing on it now!!
If I'm reading your post correctly, the Live installer is asking where you want to install it and that's when you're getting the error? Or before that?

On my Revo 1600, during the Live install I can't use /dev/sda, instead I have to specifiy (hd0,0).

I'm one step up from a linux noob, but my uneducated guess is that /dev/sda would be referring to an existing mounted drive with a file system, where as (hd0,0) refers to a raw drive?
I'm having the same issue...
When I try to install XBMC Live onto the Acer Revo I get the following error:

dev/sde does not contain a rootfs

Here are the steps I take:
1) Turn on the Acer
2) Hold F12 and choose 'Boot from Generic USB'
3) In the XBMC Live Menu I choose Install onto HDD (the bottom option)
4) I press any key to continue (really 'enter' is the only key that works)
5) I get the error dev/sde does not contain a rootfs.

Does anyone know how to fix this. I've already gone in and changed the BIOS, I've followed the Lifehacker tutorial to the tee. I just want to get XBMC fully installed onto the hard drive of the Acer Revo. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing xbmclive to a Revo problem0