• 6(current)
[MOD] Thumbnail in MOVIES Viewtype Landscape
Darkcloud28 Wrote:But if someone will be so kind and point me to software for extracting extra thumbs from movie files that will be cool ....

i love the Mods with extra thumbs but i have so many movies ...to mny to look for the thumbs on line ...

Duded go get some sleep you really need it Big Grin I posted the answer before your question please just read it Smile Also what do you call "so many movies" I have over 2000 medias and so far so good no troubles at all, of course it takes time to arrange your library but once it has been done you'll really enjoy the experience!

andpro Wrote:I think the best one is to use Ember? i have tried it but at the min it wont let me download extrathumbs, it will do the main movie and get all the info but not the extra images required for the thumbnail images.

I;m trying to find the answer at the min

hey andpro, this is maily because you haven't configure your Ember to grab them, also you should check your folder structures, at the root of an HDD (say D:\) you create a SINGLE folder called "Movies" in which you create a folder with only the name of the movie (and I also put the year) like D:\ => \Movies => \My Super Movie 2010 => My Super Movie.ext

That is what works best for me, if you want to manually get the thumbs you may go in "edit movie" (by right clicking on a movie in the list) and then go in "grab frames" section where you can manually extract yourself the thumbs...

Good luck Smile

PS: feel free to check this out; http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...er+manager
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
Go that all setup and if i try to manually get the extra thumbs by editing the movie, i can see all the thumbs to download i select them but it does not allow me to click OK, i can only cancel.
Are you sure you have the rights to write on the target ?

I'll post some screenshots in 2 hours when I'll finaly get home...
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
i only have little over 1009 movies ....but im happy to say that the all take 23TB of space , only 90 in dvd.iso files , the rest its almost raw Blu-ray files .

and then 160 tv series , they take 8.5 Tb of my space .

but the movies are not in folders Sad(( i will not loose my time to make a folder for each movie , no way ...i mean unless i can do automatic ...the YES .
but also i did search "thumb" in my lanscape.XML , and i did clear them , but it didnt work so i also clear extrathumb.jpg1 from the XML but it also did work .

strange .

and Yes ...i did drink 3 cups of american coffe , it dont work TongueTongue...expresso will be nice .
Smile It's not "expresso" but "eSpresso" it's coming from Italian... anyway, I'm really wondering what's the whole point of having so called "RAW BluRay" material but to each his own, for me 15Mbps+ H264/VC1/MPG2 video stream + original un-dubed DTS 1.5Mbps + subtitle in English is more than enough, I'm not so cheered by the little win-win of 30Mbps+ original blurays (that I own) I did many test and can't honestly tell the difference between the original and the versions I'm ripping to. I never used to speak Czech, Portuguese, Spanish nor other funky languages blurays are carrying and the bonuses... well life is too short for but hey that's me Smile

Here my actual result :

I'm still working on showing the actors also, any ideas/comments welcome! Smile
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
dondre Wrote:Smile It's not "expresso" but "eSpresso" it's coming from Italian... anyway, I'm really wondering what's the whole point of having so called "RAW BluRay" material but to each his own, for me 15Mbps+ H264/VC1/MPG2 video stream + original un-dubed DTS 1.5Mbps + subtitle in English is more than enough, I'm not so cheered by the little win-win of 30Mbps+ original blurays (that I own) I did many test and can't honestly tell the difference between the original and the versions I'm ripping to. I never used to speak Czech, Portuguese, Spanish nor other funky languages blurays are carrying and the bonuses... well life is too short for but hey that's me Smile

Here my actual result :

I'm still working on showing the actors also, any ideas/comments welcome! Smile
Ok Mr.Europa Wink
ESpresso it is , but here in Mr.America its Expresso even in Italian part of NY Tongue
You have not bad TV and You can't see difference between 15 and 30 Mbps?
nice mod !
how long it take for You to modify that mod ?

he-he no problems Mr. America Wink

It's exactly because I have a good TV that I can't tell the difference, 15mbps is enough for me, plus, space is money, I'd rather have a 15G file than a 35G file, I have to make the best compromise between quality/space.

For the mod it took me let's say a few hours, if you like it I can upload the XML file so you can enjoy it or I can even remove the thumbnails Smile I'm actually working in finding a way to display the "STARRING: xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx & xxx" argument as well,

PS: that said, for a few movies where it's interesting to take benefits of the extra video bitrate (like Avatar,...) I do go up to 30mbps
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
... Wow !!!!!! this discussion is becoming very popular it seems ... thanks dondre, Darkcloud28, andrpro and all others who contributed .. I added another mod (Landscape mod 9) found the files and the screen in the first post of this thread ... Hello.
ulix Wrote:Ok i have added mod 5 for you...

Mod 5 -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/jxgz2atzrnw/Ulix Alaska MOD 5.rar

Hi Ulix, loving all the work you are doing here though none have quite taken my fancy. I like Mod 5 but with a few changes, would you be prepared to make a different version please?

I'd just like a version with the poster/cover and the fanart. If you got rid of the 2 small thumbs and rating icon, moved the fanart image over to the right and then the text more to the left and then put a larger version of the poster/cover on the left.

I would also like the film title above the other info at the top of the screen, like the earlier mods.

I'm at work and don't have photoshop on this machine but I'd happily do a quick mockup once I'm home if that helps?
Darkcloud28 Wrote:i only have little over 1009 movies ....but im happy to say that the all take 23TB of space , only 90 in dvd.iso files , the rest its almost raw Blu-ray files .

and then 160 tv series , they take 8.5 Tb of my space .

but the movies are not in folders Sad(( i will not loose my time to make a folder for each movie , no way ...i mean unless i can do automatic ...the YES .
Hi Darkcloud28, how do you store your movies? I'm just starting out but been backing up bluray too and I've filled 4TB so far. I don't really want loads of external drives or small NAS's, how is your 20TB+ arranged?

Also, I'm sure there are apps to make folders automatically for you - http://www.thecodeline.com/FileToFolder.aspx
hey , i have 2 LaCie big Network drives they 10TB each and then for TV series i use 8.5 Tb LaCie big but with e-sata sata cable .
and Altec PC case with 12 slats for hard drives so far i have 10 TB in it as stand alone drives .
as of storing Blu-ray i use any-dvdhd but i dont even rip- i use direct TSmuxer to extract the main M2TS and keep only the HD sound i use - most of the times original or one extra :english .
all of my movies are cut loose in 1 folder for each drive -movies -LaCie 1, and movies2 -Lacie 2 , and for tv series they all have folders .
the graet think about lacie network is that it have Twonky server , and belive me i did test a lot of hardware with twonky servers , they all choke , but not Lacie , so if You have Xbmc in 2-3 difrend rooms of Your house and like to have all of the library there - Lacie network , they from oregon , no tax .
and thank You for link , but i start to use Ember and its super nice program it creates folders if i like for all of my loose movies , fantastic software .
to bad that XBMC cant play blu-ray.iso yet , i have all of the Star trek original series in blu-ray.iso and i use power dvd 10 to watch , some of the blu-ray have like 300 small m2ts files and its to much time for me to glue them so its 1 file , if You know any simple prpgram to do this ...i use Windows only for 1.5 year , im a mac person so its even harder to get gowing Tongue.
Darkcloud28 Wrote:hey , i have 2 LaCie big Network drives they 10TB each and then for TV series i use 8.5 Tb LaCie big but with e-sata sata cable .
and Altec PC case with 12 slats for hard drives so far i have 10 TB in it as stand alone drives .
as of storing Blu-ray i use any-dvdhd but i dont even rip- i use direct TSmuxer to extract the main M2TS and keep only the HD sound i use - most of the times original or one extra :english .
all of my movies are cut loose in 1 folder for each drive -movies -LaCie 1, and movies2 -Lacie 2 , and for tv series they all have folders .
the graet think about lacie network is that it have Twonky server , and belive me i did test a lot of hardware with twonky servers , they all choke , but not Lacie , so if You have Xbmc in 2-3 difrend rooms of Your house and like to have all of the library there - Lacie network , they from oregon , no tax .
and thank You for link , but i start to use Ember and its super nice program it creates folders if i like for all of my loose movies , fantastic software .
to bad that XBMC cant play blu-ray.iso yet , i have all of the Star trek original series in blu-ray.iso and i use power dvd 10 to watch , some of the blu-ray have like 300 small m2ts files and its to much time for me to glue them so its 1 file , if You know any simple prpgram to do this ...i use Windows only for 1.5 year , im a mac person so its even harder to get gowing Tongue.

but do not get DROBO !! ....
dondre Wrote:he-he no problems Mr. America Wink

It's exactly because I have a good TV that I can't tell the difference, 15mbps is enough for me, plus, space is money, I'd rather have a 15G file than a 35G file, I have to make the best compromise between quality/space.

For the mod it took me let's say a few hours, if you like it I can upload the XML file so you can enjoy it or I can even remove the thumbnails Smile I'm actually working in finding a way to display the "STARRING: xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx & xxx" argument as well,

PS: that said, for a few movies where it's interesting to take benefits of the extra video bitrate (like Avatar,...) I do go up to 30mbps

I would like a copy of your XML please. Looks great!
Darkcloud28 Wrote:hey , i have 2 LaCie big Network drives they 10TB each and then for TV series i use 8.5 Tb LaCie big but with e-sata sata cable .
Thanks for the reply, I'll look into Lacie Big drives, currently got a couple of 2TB Story stations and need a more eloquent solution.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Thumbnail in MOVIES Viewtype Landscape3