• 8(current)
[MOD] Thumbnail in MOVIES Viewtype Landscape
Hi guys,

I am using the new mod 5 and turned on 'Show Movie Status' to see the watched items. The red eye icons seem a bit misplaced though once you select a movie - it will show them in an almost random location (sometimes beneath the focused cover at the bottom, partially overlapped by the cover, other times under another cover of a movie that hasn't been watched). Some unwatched movies have a triangle with a movie strip on it too, while others don't.

Wouldn't it be easier (and aesthetically more interesting) to put those notifications on the big cover at the left top? Or resize the existing ones and put them in the corner of the cover in the scroll strip (if that's how it's called)?

How it looks now (disregard the stripes, that's an X window dump on Linux, it looks fine on-screen):

In this example, I have already watched Atonement (no watched icon), Batman (watched icon, ok), and Big Buck Bunny (which has a bigger watched icon due to being selected I assume, but which is positioned under The Blind Side), but I have not watched Azumi or Bandits - which have both watched icons. I haven't watched the Bourne Identity either.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
does this work with current dharma nightly builds ? tried and the flags are overlayed and such , just want to make sure it's not something i'm doing wrong .

Thanks
I am using r32166 here and it works fine, except for the problem described above. Don't know which mod you're using though, and there are nine versions, so...
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Blog
Sorry for the lack of information just wanted to make sure it still worked with the latest version before trying further .

Will play around with it some more and if i still got any doubts will post here , thanks
.:B:. Wrote:Hi guys,

I am using the new mod 5 and turned on 'Show Movie Status' to see the watched items. The red eye icons seem a bit misplaced though once you select a movie - it will show them in an almost random location (sometimes beneath the focused cover at the bottom, partially overlapped by the cover, other times under another cover of a movie that hasn't been watched). Some unwatched movies have a triangle with a movie strip on it too, while others don't.

Wouldn't it be easier (and aesthetically more interesting) to put those notifications on the big cover at the left top? Or resize the existing ones and put them in the corner of the cover in the scroll strip (if that's how it's called)?

How it looks now (disregard the stripes, that's an X window dump on Linux, it looks fine on-screen):

In this example, I have already watched Atonement (no watched icon), Batman (watched icon, ok), and Big Buck Bunny (which has a bigger watched icon due to being selected I assume, but which is positioned under The Blind Side), but I have not watched Azumi or Bandits - which have both watched icons. I haven't watched the Bourne Identity either.

Anyone?
* Blog
.:B:. Wrote:Hi guys,

I am using a different mod but it had the same issues with the watched icons. I just hacked about in Viewtype_Landscape.xml until I got them lined up correctly. The movie strip you mention is to show that a trailer is avaialble so not all movies will have this icon this is normal behaviour. I would have a go at fixing it for you but I can't download the mod anymore it just gives an error.
Found the skin folders
This is weird. I installed Alaska, but I don't have a Alaska skin directory in the skins or in the addon directory. Any help?

Nevermind, found it in hidden directory:

\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.alaska\720p
simmb Wrote:I am using a different mod but it had the same issues with the watched icons. I just hacked about in Viewtype_Landscape.xml until I got them lined up correctly. The movie strip you mention is to show that a trailer is avaialble so not all movies will have this icon this is normal behaviour. I would have a go at fixing it for you but I can't download the mod anymore it just gives an error.

Thanks for the tip simmb. Could you generate a diff maybe against the original Viewtype_Landscape.xml? Or tell me which lines to look at?
* Blog
Apologies .:B:. the viewtype_landscape.xml was another mod I did, its the Includes_Overlays.xml I changed to fix the watched/new/trailer icons. Open the file and search for the line <include name="LandscapeMovieOverlaysNF"> I then just altered the image x and y values for each of the images. I just changed one at a time until I had them all lined up. I could give you a diff of the files but I am using mod 6 not 5 so your values will be different to mine.
Thanks for the help, at least I know where to look now Wink.
* Blog
dumb question here but can i use these mods with alaska revisited
Audible101 Wrote:dumb question here but can i use these mods with alaska revisited

Not without doing alot of messing around with the .xml
What happend to the xml files? they dont seem to be posted anymore. Does anyone have them? I have a few but wanted to check some of the others out

Thanks
I'm hosting mine @ File 1

(the view itself)
http://idbox.org/Viewtype_Panel.xml

File 2 (the media flags)
http://idbox.org/Includes_MediaFlags.xml

Package
http://idbox.org/mod.zip

Which is still available Smile

But I don't use Alaska anymore, I'm completely using another skin for now
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Thumbnail in MOVIES Viewtype Landscape3