Updating Music Library question
Currently I have video and music share through FTP. By setting the advanced XML setting "cleanonupdate" to false...it really seemed to improve the speed of video library updates since is just seems to be pulling directory lists with this setting and does not seem to try and re-pull all of the information about the files that are already in the Library. Basically I was wondering if there was a setting like this for the music library. I tried using the setting in the audio section, however Update Library still seems to tray and pull all music information for the files already in the library.
Bumping an old thread i know, but just wondering on this still. Not for the reason of speeding up the library, just so when my esata hard drive tower isn't turned on it doesn't delete my whole library and make me rescan it (which happened last week).

The cleanonupdate to false for video solves this, just need it for music as well.
Adding <cleanonupdate>false</cleanonupdate> is pointless as that's the default action anyway because it stops unconnected drives from being removed (as you found out).

Also when updating the libraries XBMC always checks the existing files for any changes.
Thanks Hitcher, I realise that cleanonupdate set to false is the default for videos, but for music it is not. If my drives are disconnected it wipes my music library.
Then turn off the update on startup.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Music Library question0