Automating NZB downloads help
Hello,

Has anyone succesfully figured out how to automatically download NZB files, decode them, rename them and put them a particular folder. What apps did you use and if you could tell me how to set them up? I have tried fooling around with Sickbeard's program and SABnzbd and I don't think that I have them figured out as of yet. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Mark
SAB couldn't be simpler. Just get an invite to Newzbin, a subscription to Supernews or Astraweb, and plug your details into SAB. You can set up category sorting and renaming, so stuff is automatically sorted. There's a post-processing script that will update XBMC after a download as well.

Sickbeard can be a bit weird to setup at first, but it's way alpha at this point. For this early on, it's a sweet piece of software.

If you're having issues with either, post them here. You'll get no better solution for Usenet than SAB.
So you're recommend SAB over AltBinz (which I've been using for years now)?
I've never used AltBinz, but just looking at the screenshots (excuse me, screenshotz) on the homepage I would say so.

SAB automates everything. You give it a NZB file, it grabs the rars & pars, verifies the downloads, repairs/creates files if necessary, extracts, cleans up the rar files, deletes those and whatever else it downloaded (you can choose to save nfos and samples), then renames it to your spec and moves it to where you choose.

If you get the Firefox extension for SAB, you can have one click downloads of movies/tv shows from Newzbin (and other indexing sites).

With Sickbeard, it all becomes automated. Sickbeard will scan your TV show directory and automatically search out HD nzbs on various indexing sites. You can add new shows, search for your missing shows, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automating NZB downloads help0