• 7(current)
Adding new password dialog to protect share access
- 07-01-2005 changed: cdrip encoders moved into dll's, this should result in a smaller executable
and a bit faster cd ripping (don't forget to copy the new system folder!Wink

delete xbmc folder and retrieve all again fresh
slacker,

i got the 1/15 build...was this supposed to fix the programs bookmarks locking capability?

i installed and set my lockmode and lockcode for a bookmark under the programs section (my f:\games\mature bookmark) and it didn't work....

so i'm thinking i either screwed something up, or you are still working on that part....

can you let me know?

thx!!
(scampa123 @ jan. 19 2005,15:11 Wrote:slacker,

i got the 1/15 build...was this supposed to fix the programs bookmarks locking capability?

i installed and set my lockmode and lockcode for a bookmark under the programs section (my f:\games\mature bookmark) and it didn't work....

so i'm thinking i either screwed something up, or you are still working on that part....

can you let me know?

thx!!
no.. that does not contain the my programs locking. he is still working on it and near completion.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
cool thx!!
i'm finishing up the my programs patch in the next day or so. i've already got the locks working for it. i've also added context menu functionality for the top level programs bookmarks displayed in the right hand panel. you will now be able to rename, edit and delete programs from the xbmc gui as well as manage their lock settings. i've also fixed an existing bug where you can goof up a freshly created bookmark in the other music/video/etc windows if you pop the context menu and choose "reactivate share lock" after creating it.

i've just got to finish one last part. i am able to update/add program buttons on the left hand side when program bookmarks are changed in the panel, but deleting a bookmark does not also remove a button on the left hand side (it leaves a phantom button that doesnt work, but which goes away after a reset).

@btemp, after this patch is submitted you should have a look and see if you can add your samba lock patch. alternately, if you like, you can send your patch to me and i can integrate it for you while the whole lock thing is still fresh in my mind. let me know what you think.

i will add a lock to the scripts menu in a future patch. i haven't decided whether it should get its own lock or whether it should just be unlocked with mastercode. getting its own password means extra work because currently there are no existing script settings in xboxmediacenter.xml at all; i would have to either create a brand new section for it or wedge it into the existing masterlock section. comments?
submitted, sf patch# 1105853:
patch merge instructions:
1) download the 19-jan-2005 cvs to a folder
2) download the patch
3) unzip the patch and copy the files/folders in it onto the cvs, overwriting
existing files.
4) open the xbmc solution in vs, then make sure that xbmc is set as the
startup project in solution explorer (it should be in bold print)
5) build the solution, make sure there are no errors (warnings are ok)
6) close vs. run build.bat.
7) you're done, the patched cvs is built.

notes:
- added: my programs are now lockable using instructions in xboxmediacenter.xml
- added: my programs top level items (bookmarks) in the panel are context menu
enabled. you can now add/rename/edit/delete/lock for program bookmarks
just like my videos, my music, etc from within xbmc itself.
- fixed: a freshly created bookmark can be corrupted if you pop the context
menu and choose "reactivate share lock" right after creating it.
- fixed: gamepad dialog heading text was not being displayed.
- fixed: cguidialoggamepad function parameter labels did not match their usage
comments or their complementary cguidialognumeric functions.
- updated: some existing strings.xml entries have been changed to be more reusable

note to xbmc devs:
heading titles are still not showing for cguidialogkeyboard. i haven't been
able to figure out why it's happening. this causes problems for users creating
or editing bookmarks w/ the context menus because they will get multiple keyboard
dialogs in a row, and they can't tell which dialog is prompting for what data.
man you are a machine!!!

thanks for working so hard on this!!
wait..slacker, the patch was not uploaded on sourceforge....the entry is there but no file....
it's there now. i forgot to check the box last time when attaching the file.
cool...just got it thanks!
cheers top work
slacker, i'll see if i can get around to integrating the samba code sometime before the end of the week.
slacker,

who is checking/accepting your patches?

i wrote a few lines of code for a patch and am wondering who (if anyone) will look at it....

originally i thought it was going to be runtime, however runtime was mia......so now its asigned to noone...

i'm not even sure the patch works, though it was really just a splitting of a string and a for loop.....but i cannot debug to see whats going on....

any info would be great!!

thanks!
actually someone just got assigned to my patch....

so i'm back in business!!
i thought this used to work via context menus? how come its no longer listed on them?

doh! had not enabled in xml *sorry*
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding new password dialog to protect share access0