Multiple XBMC remote controls
I'm currently running XBMC with a Firefly RF remote (using eventghost) in my living room. My girlfriend decided she likes it so much that she'd wants me to put together another setup in the gaming PC room using one of our gaming rigs with a secondary display. This is all fine and easy, but I have two questions,

1. Is there a program or remote that can send inputs to XBMC without affecting which window has focus in Windows? I'm thinking along the lines of Global Hotkeys as they exist in VLC or WinAMP. It would be nice to not lose control of a window while changing video player volume or media selection.

2. Should I buy another RF Firefly remote? I'm sure there are better (maybe more expensive) options available, but I'm not sure what they are. I'm also not sure if all Firefly remotes work on the same frequency, which could be a real pain when using two instances in the same flat.

If anyone could contribute, I would be very grateful.
Celestialtorpor Wrote:1. Is there a program or remote that can send inputs to XBMC without affecting which window has focus in Windows? I'm thinking along the lines of Global Hotkeys as they exist in VLC or WinAMP. It would be nice to not lose control of a window while changing video player volume or media selection.

HIP should provide this functionality. You can set the window to which all the keypresses are sent, even if it isn't in focus.
hip looks interesting
i love xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple XBMC remote controls0