• 7(current)
At3iont-i deluxe
backons Wrote:my problem is when I install des nvidia-185-libvdpau then after a restart the ubuntu says that no driver for my graphic card is installed and i have to start in low graphic mode....
In the synaptic manager than the 185-kernel is'nt installed any more ??
run "sudo nvidia-xconfig"
ph77 Wrote:Here are some things you can both try: Upgrading the bios, remove Compositing/Desktop effects (compiz), make sure that you have installed the nvidia driver and vdpau libraries. You can also increase the "iGPU Frame buffer" from auto to 512MB in bios.
I am using Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 and standard XBMC 9.11. Is there a special reason you use previous Ubuntu?.

I am running the OS(Ubuntu Mobile Edition) that was bundled with the 9.11 Live iso. Just flashed the BIOS to 0406, a few more questions:

The DVD stuttering disappeared after I tweaked around with vblank display
and vsync. I can also verify that DTS/DD5.1 both works correctly via passthrough,
the guy on newegg probably has "downmix" enabled.

1 - While the play/direction/sound buttons on the bundled remote works great, what did you need to do to get the power button to power on/off the system? (will look into applying the kernel module described earlier in the thread) in BIOS, power on via PCI-E, PS/2, etc are all on.

2 - Has anyone gotten Bluetooth to work to enter the BIOS? or does it only work once the OS is loaded(currently working on installing the svn driver), bios has USB legacy set to enabled.
jakeluck1 Wrote:1 - While the play/direction/sound buttons on the bundled remote works great, what did you need to do to get the power button to power on/off the system? (will look into applying the kernel module described earlier in the thread) in BIOS, power on via PCI-E, PS/2, etc are all on.
You can't power on with the remote button as the bios doesn't have "wake on usb". You can however resume from suspend (see a previous post of mine here ). So instead of powering off the machine use suspend/resume.
You can configure the power button as KEY_POWER or KEY_SLEEP which is the default. I do not know how xbmc live session handles the power button press. In standard gnome session you can configure the action with gconf-editor and the keys under /apps/gnome-power-manager/buttons.
Look at their description for usage. In short "interactive" pops up a dialog while "suspend" suspends the machine.
Also the key under /apps/gnome-power-manager/lock/suspend controls the password prompt after the resume.

jakeluck1 Wrote:2 - Has anyone gotten Bluetooth to work to enter the BIOS? or does it only work once the OS is loaded(currently working on installing the svn driver), bios has USB legacy set to enabled.
You mean that you can't use a bluetooth keyboard to enter the bios? Don't know about that
Does anyone know if i can change the heatsink on this badboy. As it is now the height of the heatsink is a no go if i want to have a hdd in the case. I would have tried a low profile cpu fan+sink combo but then nothing is covering the GPU. Need some serious help here.
Hi guys XBMC freak v14 live work fine but when I shout down and disconnect the pw cable for start the next session I have to reset the bios removing the battery. Any suggestion?

How I configure wirless in live?
I tried this step by steb: http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/xbmc-ion/module/8 but when I restart I have no graphic interface...
How I enter in command line and reenter in graphic mode?

How I add any skin in live (I love aeon...)?

Thanks
Hi all,. i am checking the possibility of getting one of these but there is major thing i need to know, and i was hoping that someone in this forum that already bought it can tell me this:

for the product sold in the US, What is the voltage accepted by the external power supply ? Does it only accept 110v ? or it accepts 220V and 240V ?

can anyone check on the external power supply and let me know what voltages does it take? or post a good pic of all info in the PSU ?

thanks
I would say, like most switching power supplies used for laptops and the like - it would accept both 110/240v without issue.... but DONT quote me on that!
Yesterday I saw that my mainboard is connected with the wifi only with 54mbit/sec. So I changed my router that he accepts only Draft-N Wifi. But after this I cant´t connect with mainboard to the wifi anymore Huh
Do I have a wrong driver for the Wifi ??
I am using Ubuntu 9.10
pinkpinkpun Wrote:when I shout down and disconnect the pw cable for start the next session I have to reset the bios removing the battery

I have this problem too, and it was exchanged already under guarantee once Sad
pinkpinkpun Wrote:when I shout down and disconnect the pw cable for start the next session I have to reset the bios removing the battery. Any suggestion?
Yep happens to me as well, but I don't remove the battery, I only unplug/plug the power cable from the motherboard. Many people have reported that.
Perhaps the battery needs replacement or it doesn't make good contact.
ph77 Wrote:Yep happens to me as well, but I don't remove the battery, I only unplug/plug the power cable from the motherboard. Many people have reported that.
Perhaps the battery needs replacement or it doesn't make good contact.

the battery, and the connection of the battery is good... Huh
pinkpinkpun Wrote:Hi guys XBMC freak v14 live work fine but when I shout down and disconnect the pw cable for start the next session I have to reset the bios removing the battery. Any suggestion?

Same here, the system won't turn on, RMAing the board for replacement.

It simply makes a noticeable hi-pitch noise when the power pins are connected(does this happen to you too?) Already tried resetting RTC(jumper 12-> 23), this time removing battery didn't help either.

See:
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?boar...uage=en-us
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?boar...uage=en-us

A few observations and questions which may lead us to a workaround:

1 - what version of the bios are you running, 0406 is what got me dead in the water

2 - how are you "shutting down"? I used to shutdown simply by flipping the power pins, and didn't need to even unplug/replug to power on again. Reboot/Shutdown from within XBMC seems to work too, but shutting down from the command line may have done me in.

3 - what is the power/suspend level setting in your bios?

4 - what is the shutdown setting in you xbmc?
I don't have the hi-pitch noise problem.

The power problem appears on my board with every bios version up until the latest. It only happens if the main power cable is unplugged from the electricity socket. It does not matter how I shutdown the machine or the bios settings (I've tried all the options).
Asus demoed an(-other) ion2 version of this board at computex:

http://www.nordichardware.com/component/...ormat.html
http://www.semiaccurate.com/2010/06/01/a...-computex/

In contrast to the one demoed at CeBiT earlier this year, this one is fanless. Hope it hits the shelves soon...
theprofessor Wrote:Asus demoed an(-other) ion2 version of this board at computex:

Wow, that thing looks great - 1.8Ghz too..... heatsink looks bigger too - this one might be truly fanless. Interesting with the second headsink over the DVI port, with what looks like heatpipes drawing away more heat.

EDIT: looked at the other URL - certainly is heatpipe action going on there..... and the heatsink is finned more like a usual tower cooler than a solid block of alloy as per the previous At3iont boards - should help with heat getting out of the way....

Looks a much more refined version of the ASUS Atom motherboards....
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
At3iont-i deluxe1