Dropouts when playing music
Not sure when this started, it's been the case for a while. When listening to music using the most recent nightly build, I get dropouts every once and a while. Stare I installed another media centre prog and it plays music as smoothly as a baby's bottom. Can anyone help?
Not without any logs - check the stickies or my sig for instructions.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Same problem here with my Asus Xonar SPDIF output. Every half second, music skips, or some noise is heard. Movies are OK with the same output. I will post a log later, no time for it now.
Clumsy Wrote:Not without any logs - check the stickies or my sig for instructions.
How do I attach the log? who do I send it to you?
Post it to pastebin.com and then post a link.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d Wrote:Post it to pastebin.com and then post a link.
Here's a link to my logfile http://pastebin.com/r0XMXAZ6 looking forward to your advice
debt_collector Wrote:Here's a link to my logfile http://pastebin.com/r0XMXAZ6 looking forward to your advice
I posted my log file and haven't heard anything since! I have therefore uninstalled XBMC, deleted my profile and reinstalled. The problem has been recurring but not as severely. Dropouts occur less often now, e.g., whenever XBMC is scanning for file information in the background. In fact, dropouts and glitches occur of my HTPC does anything other than play music (e.g., scroll down a webpage in IE8). Other players work fine even when I try to make my PC perform several laborious tasks in the background. I would appreciate some help please.
Clumsy Wrote:Not without any logs - check the stickies or my sig for instructions.
I posted my log file and haven't heard anything since! I have therefore uninstalled XBMC, deleted my profile and reinstalled. The problem has been recurring but not as severely. Dropouts occur less often now, e.g., whenever XBMC is scanning for file information in the background. In fact, dropouts and glitches occur of my HTPC does anything other than play music (e.g., scroll down a webpage in IE8). Other players work fine even when I try to make my PC perform several laborious tasks in the background. I would appreciate some help please

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dropouts when playing music0