Subtitle issue: pass external commands or change naming format?
I'm having a problem with subtitles obtained using a program called "Sublight," which downloads and renames subs. Recently, they included a feature to search for subs for compressed videos. Unfortunately, when using this feature Sublight renames the subs to whatever the name of the archive is, rather than the name of the video. Meanwhile, XBMC only recognizes subs named after the video (i.e. "videoname.srt").

After contacting the Sublight author, he suggested seeing whether (quote):
"XBMC supports passing command line arguments. If so, you could use defining custom command arguments for XBMC."

So, does XBMC support this? Another way this could be resolved would be if one could change the naming format that XBMC recognizes to "archivename.srt" Is this possible?
Or, you could see if the sublight author can name his subtitles to whatever's in the archive?

XBMC does do command line arguments, but not for anything related to subtitles. Not really sure what the sublight author was getting at with his suggestion.

Alternatively, you can uncompress your files, or insert the subs into the videos and rearchive. I don't think you'll be getting around this with out some work.

And of course, you can put in a request to have XBMC to use the archive name.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle issue: pass external commands or change naming format?0