[LIVE]When i boot, xbmc go to login screen text
Sad 
Hello, sorry for my english, i'm italian Tongue I'm a newbie of xbmc. I try to explain my problem:

I download xbmc-9.11-live-repack and successfull installed into HD of my PC. After reboot, i see xbmc splash screen for 2-3sec and after system go to console login. After login if i write xbmc console return can't start Xserver. In the line option of Grub i add pci=nomsi or my sata HDD don't detect.

PC spec: Athlon 64 3200+ / asus a8v-mx / 1Gb ram /250Gb sata HD / Video board AGP Sapphire Radeon x1350 XT 512Mb.

What i need do? Thanks for any help.
It could be related to the graphical card. I have an old HTPC with AGP ATI card and I cant get it to work with the latest xbmc live (9.11). I actually stuggling to get autostart, usb mount and wifi work at the same time at all on that box.
On my newer ION based HTPC I have no problem at all with autostart or the graphical card.
vikjon0 Wrote:It could be related to the graphical card. I have an old HTPC with AGP ATI card and I cant get it to work with the latest xbmc live (9.11). I actually stuggling to get autostart, usb mount and wifi work at the same time at all on that box.
On my newer ION based HTPC I have no problem at all with autostart or the graphical card.

Sorry but you don't help me with your answer. With all version of Ubuntu the graphics desktop work nice and with compiz.
You mean i need install a previus version of XBMC?
What I am saying is that I had the same problem and I have no idea what the problem is except a wild guess that xbmclive have problem with my graphical card. The only thing I didnt try was to manually download and install the ATI driver on top of live. If nobody else have a better give that a try.

and yes. live9.04 worked fine on that machine.
I didnt install 9.04 though- I made a quckfix since this is an old machine I keep in the bed room and I dont want to spend any time on it. I made a minimal ubuntu install (no desktop) and added xorg, xbmc, xbmc-standalone kdm and setup kdm to automatically start xbmc.
I used kdm since xbmc-live didnt work when I installed it manually either.
vikjon0 Wrote:What I am saying is that I had the same problem and I have no idea what the problem is except a wild guess that xbmclive have problem with my graphical card. The only thing I didnt try was to manually download and install the ATI driver on top of live. If nobody else have a better give that a try.

and yes. live9.04 worked fine on that machine.
I didnt install 9.04 though- I made a quckfix since this is an old machine I keep in the bed room and I dont want to spend any time on it. I made a minimal ubuntu install (no desktop) and added xorg, xbmc, xbmc-standalone kdm and setup kdm to automatically start xbmc.
I used kdm since xbmc-live didnt work when I installed it manually either.

I see on ati site my video card is compatible with ati driver 9.3, i download it and now for install in XBMC on bash console? I'm noob of linux.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE]When i boot, xbmc go to login screen text0