Alsamixer doesn't store settings on XBMC Live ?
Hi

Acer Revo 3610
XBMCLive 9.11

Total linux noob.

Whenever I reboot, alsamixer shows 2 of my 3 audio outputs muted.
I've tried doing sudo alsactl store but every reboot clears this.

I have read something about needed a permanent storage file, but can't work out how to create this.

My personal nirvana, would be to have SPDIF and HDMI audio working at the same time, so I can choose whether or not I turn my amp on.

My setup is HDMI => TV and SPDIF to DENON AMP.

Currently, I have to spend about ten minutes hacking into linux, changing alsamixer, then ctrl+F7 back to xbmc [which leaves a small cursor arrow in the centre of the screen]; do a soft reboot and then change my audio settings depending on if i'm watching a tv show, or movie. Every reboot means I have to do the same.

Does anyone else solved their problems with alsamixer like this ?

Has anyone got the 3610 working with both HDMI and SPDIF audio working at the same time ?

Thanks
darkgr33n Wrote:I've tried doing sudo alsactl store but every reboot clears this.

I have read something about needed a permanent storage file, but can't work out how to create this.

Here are the instructions for the permanent storage file on USB:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62488
McInen Wrote:Here are the instructions for the permanent storage file on USB:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62488

Thanks mate. I did try that, but was getting an error after the first command, and looks like other people were too, further into the thread.

i tried sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt via putty, but it didn't like it, so I got no further.

" wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so"
I'm also trying to create a .asoundrc file.

I can create ok using <b>sudo nano /home/xbmc .asoundrc</b> but everytime I reboot, the file is gone!

Any idea how to create .asoundrc and have it stay there ?

Thanks
I may have sorted the permanent storage file.

The third option on the link above was a snapshot file. I tried this on a USB Stick which has the XMBCFreak v4 version on it, and I could edit alsamixer, then reboot, and the settings were there!

I'm actually running XBMC off of a 4gb SD card. The version on this is the 9.11 version. I added the same .gz snapshot file to this, but it didn't work.

My plan is to install the XBMCFreak version on the SD card and try again. Just have to backup my library first.

Still no joy with my asoundrc file though, perhaps this permanent storage file will help, but I read somewhere that its hard to change the linux file system. Currently, no matter what I do, whenever I create a file on my USB Stick/Card, after a reboot its gone again. How frustrating!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alsamixer doesn't store settings on XBMC Live ?0