Regular updates of IMDb rating (also with other scrapers)
castortray Wrote:oh, sorry,
but if this working with Dharma ?

It does on my install. It's written for the live install, so I'm sure if it's gonna work on windows (you'll have to install php and change some paths at least).
But I use also MySQL (to share and synchronize XBMC userdata profiles between multiple machines) this could be the problem ?
castortray Wrote:But I use also MySQL (to share and synchronize XBMC userdata profiles between multiple machines) this could be the problem ?

Yes, that's a problem. The script is written for sqlite. With a little PHP knowledge it's quite easy to rewrite the script for mysql. Unfortunately, I do not have running setup with mysql and not the time to do this myself.

Maybe someone else would like to jump in and create a mysql version?
someone could easily re-write this in python for an addon version (I might take a look but I can't promise anything).
Addon version would be great for it's universality across all platforms, unfortunately you can't utilize xbmc scrapers in python yet, so it would need a standalone scraper within the script.
ezechiel1917 Wrote:Addon version would be great for it's universality across all platforms, unfortunately you can't utilize xbmc scrapers in python yet, so it would need a standalone scraper within the script.

that's not really an issue. this php code has its own scraper, you could just use the regex from it. or the code from the official imdb scraper could just be adapted for this one.

*sigh* I'll have a go at it tonight when I get home from work.Smile
pls, let us know about your test results
okay I've finished the script.

who wants to test it? I should probably start a new thread, but I dont know what the etiquette is for releasing a script. should I create a repository first?
I want to be a beta tester Smile
also want to test.

thanks.
cosmicr Wrote:okay I've finished the script.

who wants to test it? I should probably start a new thread, but I dont know what the etiquette is for releasing a script. should I create a repository first?

I can test it tonight, althoug how should it be runned ? I have the PHP script running on cron schedule.
cosmicr Wrote:okay I've finished the script.

I will also be happy to test.

You don't have to make your own repo, you could release it as a standalone addon (like both iplayer and tvcatchup) or you could just try to get it into the official repo (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78532).
Okay so we don't hijack this thread anymore, here is the new thread with my addon: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92132
Version 1.31 released: Download

Changelog:
updated to comply with new xbmc video db version (builds from 8th march 2011 and newer)
does this work with mysql databse ?
I can not find any settings for mysql libraries
Proud xbmp/xbmc/kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Regular updates of IMDb rating (also with other scrapers)1