Help creating, viewing and saving playlists
Sad 
Hello, I am completely new to XBMC, actually just turned on to it a week ago. Since that time, I haven't been able to put it down due to the level of functionality in this software. I do not own an XBOX and have my HTPC created on a Acer Nettop based on the excellent post that I found here.

Now to my problem: I have tried, unsuccessfully, to learn how to link to a playlist on my NAS and I really would appreciate some help from the forum. So far, I have been able to create a playlist by clicking on individual files and folders. I have even managed to save the playlist, but cannot find it again when I want to listen to it. But this is secondary to my main issue.

What I simply want to know, in as much detail as possible, is how do I connect to and play an already created playlist that is saved on my NAS via XBMC (btw, the playlist was not created in XBMC, if that matters)? Is this even possible? I have checked the forum and the Wiki and so far I have come up empty. Please help.
1. Get your music into the library. Doing stuff without it is a waste of energy.

2. Playlists is a node in the library. You can add the playlists option via Add Source to file mode if you really want to use file mode.

3. Use the playlist editor for creating and editing playlists.

4. If you have a pre-created playlist, then just clicking on it will display it (XBMC treats playlists as if they're folders). It will play from it if (and only if) the paths in it make sense from XBMC's perspective.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help creating, viewing and saving playlists0