[WINDOWS] Can't add video files to database
Hey fellas, today i installed and started XBMC for the first time and I'm really amazed. First tested different themes, than added some folders to XBMC and added my music files to the database. It all went well.. now, here's my issue: For some reason I just can't add video files to the XBMC database. Yes, I read the wiki (thrice!) - I even tried some youtube tutorials. None of them works for me. I can add source directories, but whenever I hit the "Set Content" option the files just won't appear in my database. I watched approximately 023984934587345 video tutorials and did all the steps WORD BY WORD. It just doesn't work.

I use the latest nightly build (March 1st), but have also tried the latest SVN and the last stable build. This problem occurs regardless of what build I use, the mode I run XBMC (normal or portable), the theme installed..

I hope someone can help me out.. I bet the solution is so easy I will feel deeply ashamed =)

Sorry for my poor english, I'm German. I tried to describe the problem as accurately as possible.
I am dealing with similar problems here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71066

I think that one of possible reason may be permissions (of your folder with movies; read only files for example) and bugs of XBMC
anhnguyen Wrote:Hey fellas, today i installed and started XBMC for the first time and I'm really amazed. First tested different themes, than added some folders to XBMC and added my music files to the database. It all went well.. now, here's my issue: For some reason I just can't add video files to the XBMC database. Yes, I read the wiki (thrice!) - I even tried some youtube tutorials. None of them works for me. I can add source directories, but whenever I hit the "Set Content" option the files just won't appear in my database. I tried to watch approximately 023984934587345 video tutorials and did all the steps WORD BY WORD. It just doesn't work.

I use the latest nightly build (1st May), but have also tried the latest SVN and the last stable build. This problem occurs regardless of what build I use, the mode I run XBMC (normal or portable), the theme installed..

I hope someone can help me out.. I bet the solution is so easy I will feel deeply ashamed =)

Sorry for my poor english, I'm German. I tried to describe the problem as accurately as possible.

I assume you mean the build of 1 Mar (not 1 May - now that would be a neat trick). If as you have stated tried builds beyond that one, then in those ones the database structure changed and therefore moving back to eariler builds will not work. Unless you have backed up your database and can recover from that, then to have a populated database, I would suggest uninstalling and deleting the profile folder (you will be asked during the uninstall process whether you want to do that - answer yes), then rebuild from scratch.

After rebuild, backup your database, either in a single file or seperately (nfo and thumbnails will be placed beside the relevant media file) Go to System\Video\Library\Export Video Library - at least if you are required to do this again it will be less painful and time consuming.

Xbmcik

Don't think this is related to your issue - did you change your permissions at all?
I'll try that, thank you!

Yeah 1 May was a mistake Big Grin
to steelman1991:

steelman1991 Wrote:Xbmcik

Don't think this is related to your issue - did you change your permissions at all?

Yes, i add comment #20 to http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71066&page=3
@steelman1991: Thanks man, it worked out for me^^

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Can't add video files to database0