[LIVE-CD] USB Stick Partitions
Hi,

I´m new here, I tried yesterday to install XBMC on my 8gb San Disk Cruzer. Live CD made 2 Partitions.
With 2 different PCs I have no chance to boot from the stick.

Next i tried to erase the partitions (with LiveCD and Win7) but it didn´t work.

How can I set it back to "new"

Thanks and greetings,
Michael
put it in win7 and format (not sure this is a xbmc question)
well, xbmc made the partitions, so it should be possible to delete them again.
With Win7 Boot CD I can´t delete the 2 partitions (one with ext4 and a second, forgot the system)
In the Win7 Hard Disk Managment (where I can make partitions/formate them) I can´t erase the partitions too, only erase the Volumes....
I am not sure what you are doing.
Forget about xbmc and boot CDs.

1) Walk to a working PC.
2) Plug in usb
3) Format usb to FAT
If it is really not working go to the diskmanager in windows and delete the partions.
I can formate the big partition, but there ist a small 377 mb partition and i want to delete this: don´t works

edit: will try it with U-Boot or Gparted live-cd, win has no acces to the second partition and it wasnt there before (I deleted the U3-partition)
Okej, no my german is not 100% bur does it not say freespace on the green partion?
What you probbaly want is to either increase the size of P to cover the complete disk OR quick fix in diskmanager is to delete P and the create a new one over the whole disk.

(Your problem is thet the 377 in not a partition)
the 377 were a partition, the only choice I had was clearing the logical volume and I did that, I can´t change anything more now with windows
I understand. Your options are:

1) In windows: delete P: and then click on the now larger green area and select new.
2) Boot in another tool and resize P:

Since your question was how to return to scratch I strongly recommend 1)
delete P: isn't possible Smile I can change NOTHING on the existing partitions with win, only format the P:, but no delete, no change size..nothing

edit: Gparted Live CD did it. everything done.

so now: why wasn´t it possible to boot the xbmc from usb stick. On this stick i had already several systems (Freenas/Win7 installation)
PS: Thanks for help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE-CD] USB Stick Partitions0