Picture flickers
Hi guys!

I have been using XBMC for ages. Now a days I´m using a HTPC with Windows 7 32-bit to host XBMC. It has always worked really great.

But now I have my reel big problem.

I have bought a new LG pk760 full HD flatscreen. And when I try to look at any video content via XBMC ant my new TV the picture flickers in some kind of grey scale, but I can here the sound just fine.

Before I connected my new TV I also updated the radeon grafic card, so that is an issue to.

But the strange thing is that everything works fine if I use VLC or MPC-HC.

I would really appreciate some help. I feel naked without XBMC Confused

Thanks in advance!

/Freddie
hi!

I was finally able (today) to get the perfect TRUE 1080p/24 playback,

Please first make sure you switch your HDTV to "exact scan" (or whatever they called the option at LG) which ensures the TV itself doesn't alter or apply any modification to the source bitstream. Then be sure that your TV is correctly set to refresh at a 24 multiple Hz (48, 72, 96, 120 & so on). Also I had better experience with x64 version of W7 + an x64 ffdshow,

This is REALLY important to stay in a multiple of 24, because all filming materials are NATIVELY still shot at 24FPS (23.976 with NTSC compliance to be precise), but at this low 24FPS you may experience some flickering, that's why we show twice with a 2:2 ratio each 24frames per second meaning that;

1st second : 48 images, 2nd second : 48 images, 3rd second: 48 images & so on, this brings you the REAL movie theater feeling with the noise/grain & the perfect motion smoothness,

If your TV is NOT in a multiple of 24Hz frenquency then you're stuck to a lame pulldown system like 3:2 to fix the difference up to e.g. 60Hz, this means that;

1-1-1-2-2-3-3-3-4-4-5-5-5 & so on

Here is what I use;

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=29443

Fetch this version, it was compiled today and uses DSPlayer which is based on ffdshow,

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-...e/download

Grab the latest ffdshow-tryouts x64 at sourceforge,

(make sure you clean up & delete all previous filters and/or splitters)

Now go through your XBMC options and be sure to activate the vertical synchronization, the Hardware DXVA2 hardware acceleration while keeping the mode to auto, the display refresh adjustment with an audio recode (or drop/dupe, your call) method and ta-da enjoy!

With this, I have an average 0.7% CPU consumption which is amazingly low & quite impressive, also off topic I have the chance to own a Toshiba 46" high-end LCD (no LED) which happen to have a DCDI Faroudja Cinema motion process which avoids the usual juddering problem (see more @ http://www.projectorcentral.com/judder_24p.htm)

Also this runs on a core i7 with 6gigs of ram under 7 x64 with a simple 8500GT (PureVideo VP rev 2 with hardware X264 & partial VC1 decoding, will soon enough switch to a GT210 which has the VP rev 4 as far as I know with a full hardware support of X264, VC1, MPEG2 & MPEG4 (xvid & divx)

Hope that helps the community, at least this is what is working for me like a charm!
frufft Wrote:Hi guys!

I have been using XBMC for ages. Now a days I´m using a HTPC with Windows 7 32-bit to host XBMC. It has always worked really great.

But now I have my reel big problem.

I have bought a new LG pk760 full HD flatscreen. And when I try to look at any video content via XBMC ant my new TV the picture flickers in some kind of grey scale, but I can here the sound just fine.

Before I connected my new TV I also updated the radeon grafic card, so that is an issue to.

But the strange thing is that everything works fine if I use VLC or MPC-HC.

I would really appreciate some help. I feel naked without XBMC Confused

Thanks in advance!

/Freddie

What version of XBMC are you currently running - might also want to have a read here as well about reporting problems http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

dondre - whilst I admire your eagerness and enthusiasm it might just be prudent and less time consuming if you actually found out initially what the posters issues were, rather than arbitrarly point them in the direction of the DSPlayer - as good as it is. There may be reasons why the poster doesn't use it and therefore might just be worthwhile finding out before hand.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture flickers0