What about automatic upadates?
Information 
i have seen numerous threads on various related sites about a demand for automatic updates. i'm new to this forum and i'm sure that this has already been brought up multiple times but updating my build every day is getting crazy i don't know what goes where and i keep on loosing things.

don't get me wrong i love xbmc we use it for parties all the time! people love it! i even use it as my dashboard.

so anyways i would defininity donate to support the cause if automatic updating could be a possiblity for the future. other than that keep up the good work!
if you would search for the already existing threads and read through them, you'll see the reason why this won't happen.

legal reasons.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
legal reasons why they can't do it themselves, but there is no reason that a third party couldn't stand up and set it up themselves. trust me if i had the bandwidth and server power i would do it myself, i could really care less about the repercussions. lately the worst they have done is kindly asking the party to stop. not to mention it's current availibility! seriously what's the difference!
well, we all know that this will never be done by team xbmc
but what if they wrote in the code for an auto updater, that could be easily configured, and the distibution team could go ahead and set it up.

but, would you want to update xbmc on daily basis?

how does avalaunch do this? i am pretty sure that they have that feature.
ava only updates public versions, and there hasnt been one in quite a while...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What about automatic upadates?0