>< XBMC Live ; ;
Ok can someone please give/link me a step by step tutorial of how to install XBMC Live WITHOUT wiping Windows 7 off my system. I bought an Acer Revo 3610 a couple of days ago and have been playing around with XBMC for Windows but playback on video's was stuttering. So I thought I would pop in the XBMC disc and see if that was better and yes it was.

So after looking around the forums there were lot of people who were saying that with 9.11 dual booting is easy to set up as it has a partitioner in it so you can use that to install it on a separate bit. Well I decided to give it a try and and it seemed like every possible option said it was going to use my entire disc, anyway after trying to back out of menu's I must have hit something wrong because I no loner have Windows on the Revo but I do have XBMC Live.

Anyway now its on how do I get new skins for it without a operating system as I loved the Transparency one I had when I was running it on Windows and also I really do want that step by step tutorial for setting it up on a partition once I get a couple of Windows 7 from somewhere if you could point me in the right direction.
Don't dual-boot.

Install xbmc live to a usb drive (see my signature for a link to xbmcfreak live, optimized for nvidia ion). Plug it in, set your bios to boot to usb by default.

usb plugged in: boots to xbmc
usb unplugged: boots to windows

Follow these instructions for configuring syslinux.cfg for fast bootups and auto-mounting of your internal hard drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
>< XBMC Live ; ;0