• 14(current)
Zbox hd-id11
LSDave Wrote:I for the life of me cannot get the audio over HDMI to work.

ANY help would be appreciated.

I am in the same boat.
I am running Ubuntu 10.10 and my Zbox worked fine with 10.04.
Now it is mute even with Xbmcfreak's live.
I also upgraded the bios recently and I suspect this is the problem.

Could anyone confirm that it is working with most recent bios and ubuntu 10.10?
im running the RC2 live installed on mine and the sound works just fine
BoxFreak Wrote:On Dharma Beta 4 all you need is configure the gui. No need to edit alsabase.conf.

For that hdmi-sound-thing, if nothing´s got broken between Beta4 and RC2 all you need is to set up sound and passthrough devices in the GUI to NVidia NDA HDMI (or something like that). With that most of the sounds work allright.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
Thank you all for the feedback.
I got the sound to work in Ubuntu 10.10.
Installed alsa from ppa and it worked.
Then I installed xbmc, run it and the sound is still there.
What kills it is xbmc-live.
If I bring back gdm then sound is back to normal.
I am spent, must throw in the towel now...
I flashed the bios and the sound is working now.
VCDmonger Wrote:After disabling Windows Media Center, installing all the latest drivers, Windows updates, and my custom registry settings for my MCE remote, I installed Dharma beta 2. I then enabled hardware acceleration, and I was playing 1080p mkvs and controlling XBMC with my remote flawlessly!

Why did you disable windows media center and how did you go about enabling hardware acceleration ?

I installed windows 7 x64 and i can play 1080 files in windows media player, but not in xbmc. i installed ffdshow and haali media splitter. Im not really sure what i need to configure in those to make things work.
LSDave Wrote:i wish there was a more complete guide for people new to linux.

Sorry if i seem like a total n00b, i've been using xbmc since the original xbox many years ago, but i am new to linux.

ANY help would be appreciated.

There is Smile http://www.contentwhores.com/wordpress/?page_id=484

Hope it helps.
Hallo!

I would like buy Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 but I need to know if this machine has these features:

1) Wake on Lan
2) Wake on USB

Does anyone know if is it possible?

Thank you very much for your help.

Peter
1) Yes
2) Yes
Thank you very much for info about Wake on Lan and Wake on USB.

And what about noise and heating? Is it real problem on Zotac Zbox HD-ID11?
PV_XBMC Wrote:Thank you very much for info about Wake on Lan and Wake on USB.

And what about noise and heating? Is it real problem on Zotac Zbox HD-ID11?

i havent thought it as anything to be concerned about. Most xb0x's and ps3s make a heck of a lot more noise than this box.
Thank you very much for info.
my $0.02: I avoided pretty much all the "Random Hardware component X doesn't work!" issues by installing the latest Ubuntu, updating that, and then installing latest nightly XBMC on top of that. Ubuntu's hardware support is awesome, and literally everything worked fine right "out of the box" with it.
Got 1080P playback working flawlessly with that method, with HDMI audio.
Only thing I haven't tested is a USB remote, which I don't currently have (just using Android phones + the official remote app)
Loving the Zbox, just wish it would play MAME better Tongue
Catchy Signature Here
Hi,

I get a hd-id11 with ubuntu/xbmc running on, but the fan seems to be always active (I did not change default fan values)

Does anyone have optimized values for fan ?

Thanks for your advice !
sure its the fan not the hd? i had this week 2 zboxes, one with ssd nearly completly silent, no matter what i did with it and one with 2.5hd 5400rmp, wich made a "fan like" noise..
i never hear the fan on my ssd build, except on startup for 2 secs and im running factory settings.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zbox hd-id114