Weird playback problem ('Enter' vs 'P')
I've got a few videos that refuse to play when using 'enter' (the 'file is no longer available' message appears) but do play if I press 'p'.

Here's a debug log when I tried to play with 'enter', then 'p' and then with 'enter' again. After which I choose to remove the item, then update the library and tried again.

http://pastebin.com/yzB7fC0p

EDIT:

These videos are also removed when cleaning the library only to be re-added on a library update.
The problem is the stat() code is returning saying that the files aren't there, when in fact they ARE there. Another user had this a while back but we have no idea why it happens as we cannot reproduce.

I notice the files are on a mounted drive. Where do they reside? What filesystem is used? You can build, right? If so, we may be able to debug further.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It's a new NAS with two 1.5TB HDDs, RAID 0 and EXT2 (I think).

I can't build unfortunately.
Well it gets weirder, I moved the files directly to my PC's HDD (NTFS) and the same thing happens. I've tried renaming them (same result) and I've even tried renaming the show to something completely different with the same result.

Going to try a few more things and report back.
It's also happening with the newly added 'Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 6' but I did manage to play episode 2 by quickly selecting it the first time I actually entered the season folder but after that it would no longer play, so I can only assume that XBMC does something when you initially view video files (I had 'Extract Thumbs and Data' switched off so it shouldn't be that).
Solved it sort of by not extracting the RARs.

EDIT:

Firstly I re-downloaded the episode and added it to the library from my PC where it worked.

I then moved it to my NAS where it didn't work.

I then moved the RARs to my NAS and it worked.
Most strange. As a matter of interest, how long does it take to fetch the directory initially?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird playback problem ('Enter' vs 'P')0