C2D & VDPAU still dropping frames
I'm wondering why I am dropping frames on my HTPC with a C2D and Nvidia card with VDPAU active. My CPU usage on 1 core is around 100% and only 30% on the other core, so the system isn't maxed out - but why is it dropping frames on 1080p video?

Is there any way to correct this, or is it just that the CPU is just plain too slow? I figured an E7200 would be adequate with an Nvidia 7150 card, but perhaps not?

R26018 (9.11 stable) release of XBMC and Nvidia 190.53 drivers.
Inaba Wrote:I'm wondering why I am dropping frames on my HTPC with a C2D and Nvidia card with VDPAU active. My CPU usage on 1 core is around 100% and only 30% on the other core, so the system isn't maxed out - but why is it dropping frames on 1080p video?

Is there any way to correct this, or is it just that the CPU is just plain too slow? I figured an E7200 would be adequate with an Nvidia 7150 card, but perhaps not?

R26018 (9.11 stable) release of XBMC and Nvidia 190.53 drivers.

VDPAU does not work with Nvidia 7150 cards, 8xxx or 9xxx only. Type 'o' when playing back, if you see "ff-xxxx" as the codec, it's not using vdpau.
I dont think your video card supports VDPAU. Only some 8xxx series and up support it.
Firstly, you wont be using vdpau with a 7150 - it doesn't support it, so you will be doing it all in software. For hardware acceleration you will need a 8400 or better.

For software decoding the general rule of thumb was about a 3ghz processor was the recommended for flawless 1080p playback.

Debug log will show more, but more than likely you will be pushing your cpu too much.
Ack... I thought the 7xxx series supported it, too. Guess that explains it then!

Thanks for the quick responses! I appreciate it. Guess it's time a new graphics card. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
C2D & VDPAU still dropping frames0