• 5(current)
YuYu's XBMC CVS download-build-rar batch file
quick update of the gametrailers script in the package.. it should be back in working order...
(yuyu @ jan. 03 2005,05:19 Wrote:ok updated package with some fixes. my package now only supports custom codecs and not a custom mplayer.dll and codecs.conf.
thanks for doing that yuyu! now i'm going to give your script a try!

script updated so that new system folder is included in finished build. also added the gamesaves script and new gametrailers script that actually works again...
some changes to the first post are coming, not any real updates to the package but rather where you get it. will make it easier on me to update everything...

not going to include the changelog or readme for anymore, as they will be web based and viewable at anytime... since you pretty much have to have broadband to use this script, thougt it just made since to keep docs on the web...

..changes are complete now actually
i very rarely post but just wanted to say thanks for the script.. nice job man :bowdown:
major update!!!!

the script now autodetects where programs are installed by looking (read-only no writing!Wink at the registry.

the site and package have been updated to reflect changes, updating first post of this thread now, everything is ready to go and should work with no problems. updated to version 2.0 just because so much changed in the way things are handled...

now, you can just unrar the package and run xbmcdbr without any configuration!!
about time huh!?!

feedback on this release would be appreciated.
ok on top of the huge update, i just made a small fix to 2 things. only way you would notice it is if you run the updatecvs version of the xbmcdbr batch file and then try to run the buildlocalcvs batch file. it is fixed now though and everything should work as expected.
(pike @ nov. 17 2004,16:05 Wrote:i've wandered down this road aswell, but i went one step further.
i modify strings.xml and insert builddate and i also have a script that uploads (ftp) to xbox
you dont by chance have those scripts posted anywhere do ya?
(harshreality @ jan. 14 2005,03:50 Wrote:
(pike @ nov. 17 2004,16:05 Wrote:i've wandered down this road aswell, but i went one step further.
i modify strings.xml and insert builddate and i also have a script that uploads (ftp) to xbox
you dont by chance have those scripts posted anywhere do ya?
you do not need to modify the strings.xml anymore, xbmc automaticallly inserts he build date for you now...

as for the ftp script, i can make one, but you would have to modify the ip address part and where on the xbox the build was uploaded to...
would be most kind of you, could you mail it to [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] or post it here?
(harshreality @ jan. 14 2005,17:53 Wrote:would be most kind of you, could you mail it to [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email] or post it here?
i am planning on implementing ftp into the custom batch files folder. from there you will be able to set your ftp username/pass and where on your xbox xbmc is. then you will be able to just double click one file to set the xbmcdbr batch file to use that info everytime you run it.
what i need to know is if you want the build uploaded into the folder from the upload folder ( which will upload all files seperately with no need to unrar later but, be very slow in execution because command line ftp goes alot slower than the gui ones when switching from ascii to binary and back and there are something like ~1900 files or so to be uploaded with each build) or do you want the rar file of the build sent to the xbmc directory of your xbox which you can use your xbox app of choice that supports unraring to unrar after it is uploaded (this method will be much quicker as it is only one ~32-40mb file to send in binary mode)
lemme know what you guys think and i wll get to implementing this!!!
can you impliment an y or no option into it (y uploads individually and stops, n offers alternate option of bulk (rar upload)?

of course i'd most likely put the faster of the 2 first lol
i've come up with a plan of action that i believe will best cover all bases and will allow for everyone to be happy. i should be able to add it in by tommorrow...
tried the 2.0 and it works great, didn't see any errors so far, and yeah, the ftp thingy is going to kick ass.... :kickass:
a whale of an update!!

automated ftp is in !!!
check the changelog, instructions, and batch file info pages for more info.
it was alot of work so i hope you guys make good use of it!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YuYu's XBMC CVS download-build-rar batch file0