karmic koala or lucid lynx
hi I have been playing with linux xbmc for some time but managed to screw my Karmic installation to such an extent I will need to do a reinstall. My question is should I stick with Karmic or try Lucid? will I get any benefits from upgrading to a newer version of the OS? Im running revo 3610
i would say stick with karmic. for htpc usage, once it works....it works. So an upgrade will yield little benefit.

I have lucid on my desktop (for xbmc) and it works fine. But i doubt it does anything I want it to that karmic couldnt.
It may just be a placebo effect, but I feel Lucid runs better on older systems (or underpowered ones). Neil does have a good point though, if it works well on Karmic, why change it?
My 2 cents.
The point I take with my HTPC is that if it works, it works. I run Linux because it's extremly low mantaince, there is no point in doing an upgrade but if you do have the time (and are the kind of person to enjoy it) you might want to do it to receive some better hardware support and a litle bit faster boot experience.

In other words, if you enjoy it, go ahead! Otherwise you should be fine with Karmic for a looooonnng time to come.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
karmic koala or lucid lynx0