Speedup 24p Playback, but still autoswitch 50/60Hz
Hi,

i installed my XBMC on a ubuntu system last week and its running great. There is only one issue. My TV does not support 24p. I use 2 modes in xorg.conf (1280x720@50Hz and 1280x720@60Hz) and autoswitch them in XBMC, which is working fine. Now i want to playback 24p material and would like to speed it up to 25 frames/sec. But it seems like i can only use the speedup option OR the auto refreshrate option in xbmc - video - playback setting.
Is there any way i can speedup the 24p files to 25 frames/s and still autoswitch 50/60 hz on any other files?

edit: got it working ... close pls.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings,
MrNike
Sorry to bum an old thread, but I'm looking to do exactly this.

My TV is better at 50hz than 24hz and I would like to make all my 24p movies play 1 frame faster (25p) and let me TV then naturally double that to 50hz and play back the 24p movie at 50hz (sped up) and therefore without any judder (just 1 frame faster than expected).

Is this possible in xbmc?

Can I use advanced settings to do the following.

When movie = 24fps speed up to 25 and auto adjust refresh rate (xbmc will try to auto adjust to 25, but my TV will override this to 50)

This would be an ideal solution for my 24p movies and content as it also may resolve my 24p delay issues (that I don't appear to have at 50hz)?

Is what I am asking possible?

I have done a search (hence this threa) but was unable to find a solution within xbmc it's self.
yes, this is possible. create an adjust refreshrate override in advanced settings http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml#video

use those settings:
- adjust refresh rate to match video -> on
- sync playback to display -> on
- a/v sync method -> resample audio

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speedup 24p Playback, but still autoswitch 50/60Hz0