[Windows] CyberLink remote with XBMC
Has anyone managed to get all buttons working on this remote, I have the basics working out of the box up/down/left/right/play/pause/rwd/fwd, others like info and exit (keyboard escape) don't work, can it be done?
See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC

I think the Cyberlink is an MCE clone i.e. it sends the MCE keystrokes like control-shift-P for Play. You can easily check this using the ShowKey applet mentioned in the Wiki article.

JR
cheers, ShowKey doesn't seem to pick up all the key presses from the CyberLink remote.

My aim is to get XBMC controllable with a Harmony One and CyberLink IR, the Harmony One is setup as "CyberLink PowerCinema", setting it as and MCE Keyboard didn't work at all. All i'm missing is the info button and escape key, do you know how I could get those to work?
dave77 Wrote:cheers, ShowKey doesn't seem to pick up all the key presses from the CyberLink remote.

In that case check the registry to see is it's a Microsoft clone. If so you can configure the Harmony to emulate an MCE remote.

JR
cheers i'll give that a go
Dave77,

I've been playing around with the Cyberlink Remote, Harmony One and XBMC for a while and, although I'm not 100% happy (response speed is slow) I've managed to make a few fudges to get the extra keys working.

1. Use EventGhost. That way you can assign key-presses (Cyberlink Remote is not a MCE clone!) to the unused buttons to do functions in XBMC.
2. Disable WMC from autostarting. This allows you to use the top two rows of buttons on the cyberlink control. Again, once you've done this, you can assign any action you want to these buttons using Event Ghost.

If you want to know more give me a shout and I'll post a couple of links

Cheers,

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] CyberLink remote with XBMC0