Not looking great for xbmc on the new apple tv then...
Just came across this news at engadget about a new apple tv. They seem pretty sure about it.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/28/the-n...os-on-tap/

XBMC on an A4 chip eh? Price is nice though.
Is XBMC ported to ARM yet? lol
LOL, Bah. XBMC for AppleTV w/crystalhd will always be a viable solution, there are an estimated 6 million plus units out there Smile

Would be very interesting, for $99. I'd buy a few to bust open and poke around inside. Certainly is much cheaper than trying the same with an iPad.

Jail break to boot Linux, figure out how to tap hw acceneration, bang.

And yes, XBMC IS running on ARM (both Beagle and Tegra2 platforms).
Might be a challenge, according to the article there is only vid output and power. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a standard dock connector with usb
davilla Wrote:LOL, Bah. XBMC for AppleTV w/crystalhd will always be a viable solution, there are an estimated 6 million plus units out there Smile

Would be very interesting, for $99. I'd buy a few to bust open and poke around inside. Certainly is much cheaper than trying the same with an iPad.

Wonders how much devices davilla has and how much of those XBMC is on !!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
davilla Wrote:LOL, Bah. XBMC for AppleTV w/crystalhd will always be a viable solution, there are an estimated 6 million plus units out there Smile

I guess your summer vacation just got canceled. Great news for the rest of us though!
CrashX Wrote:Wonders how much devices davilla has and how much of those XBMC is on !!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I could tell you but then I'd have too...
so say you get xbmc working on the new atv. would linux have to be used or could one make xbmc an app to install from cydia?
RckStr Wrote:so say you get xbmc working on the new atv. would linux have to be used or could one make xbmc an app to install from cydia?

Let's wait to see if this rumor is true or false before anyone starts making guesses as to how/if would work on such a device.
yea I guess.
davilla Wrote:Let's wait to see if this rumor is true or false before anyone starts making guesses as to how/if would work on such a device.

No - let's all make wild speculation, then complain when it doesn't turn out the way we wanted. Big Grin

I demand a deadline for XBMC on a piece of hardware that may or may not exist.
brock_gonad Wrote:No - let's all make wild speculation, then complain when it doesn't turn out the way we wanted. Big Grin

I demand a deadline for XBMC on a piece of hardware that may or may not exist.

Don't worry everyone. Brock Gonad is a HUGE tool. I nailed his sister once.
davilla Wrote:Let's wait to see if this rumor is true or false before anyone starts making guesses as to how/if would work on such a device.

i'm not sure i like the sound of your voice...
i expect you to have a version ready for testing by the time wwdc happens in a week or so...
Stare
hold on a sec, phone call from steve.jobs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not looking great for xbmc on the new apple tv then...0