Lucid or Karmic for ION system?
I know that here and there someone already ask this, but I am a bit confused.

I have seen that on launchpad there is already a ppa for lucid, but I would like to know from a developer if Lucid is already tested with xbmc.

Are there good reasons to NOT use Lucid instead of Karmic with 9.11 (especially with an ION system)?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=545...stcount=30
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
I think it shoud run run in a desktop environment. Setting it up in a live environemnt could be a tricky as underlying features of ubuntu have changed.
Yes it should run on a desktop environment.

Your link shows me that it would be better to use karmic, although there is a ppa for lucid Wink
Thanks for the info.
I'm a windows guy but use Karmic because of some recommendations from peers here and other sites... It work almost perfectly but for 1 or 2 pains.
all my problems with eg: audio sync and visible combing melted away when i upgraded both to the team-xbmc-svn ppa and *lucid*. (ie: i tried the first, and still had problems, then tried the second too, then it all worked.) And that was before Lucid had been properly released. Now it has, so it's a no-brainer. :-)
To summarize:
I have to use the svn to get a stable and working lucid with xbmc?
Are the svns stable enough? I would like to use the official 9.11, but heard that there are problem with HDMI Audio with Nvidia g210.
sylvio2000 Wrote:To summarize:
I have to use the svn to get a stable and working lucid with xbmc?

not that I know of. I'm using the normal stable PPA versions with lucid, works quite fine after some manual steps.

when you need to have HDMI audio with the G210 I guess you need alsa 1.0.23 which you have to install manually, no matter if karmic or lucid is the host OS
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Ok, but you said: "but keep in mind that you really have to do some serious manual installation and configuration work afterwards" Wink

And now I would just like to know if its worth or to just use karmic?
lucid has fixes available for iplayer script if that sort of thing is useful for you. Ive had no issues on lucid so far. In fact it has fixed a few issues (overscan, screen tearing)
sylvio2000 Wrote:And now I would just like to know if its worth or to just use karmic?

I use Karmic on my ION box because I got multichannel PCM working. But apparently that can now work with Lucid:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74778

So I would recommend Lucid because that means you will get that much further without an upgrade...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lucid or Karmic for ION system?0