Broke ATV remote
My remote isn't functioning in xbmc but works in ATV. Anyone know how to mend the issue?
xbmc old school Wrote:My remote isn't functioning in xbmc but works in ATV. Anyone know how to mend the issue?

You will have to give much more info before that happens, sorry but the crystal ball is broke.
Sorry i don't have much to add. I added nasa news to my rss feed and that was the last thing that worked. is there an xml file i can replace to reset the remote?
davilla Wrote:You will have to give much more info before that happens, sorry but the crystal ball is broke.

Hey devilla. Is there any information you need that i can give you?
Metoo! Heh! Sorry, had to have a metoo posting Big Grin

It's a very very strange issue... and I'm not convinced it's directly related to XBMC. I was running the last official build 28256 for weeks and everything was fine, then one day I went into XBMC, the menu appeared but no remote response at all (no beep noise, nothing).

I reset the unit, same thing happened. I reset again and this time it all worked fine. I've updated to the 30746 sshcs build and it also seems to show the problem.

It's certainly there, and it's certainly very very intermittent, I'm just not sure what to attribute it to as I hadn't changed configuration for weeks when it bit me the first time.

I'll have a look and see if I've any logs tonight but I know my atv doesn't like producing logs from previous bug investigations... Sad
I experience this too on 2 different ATV's. For me seemed to occur more frequently with Alaska skin. I went back to PM3.HD and it happened again yesterday (on a sshcs build)
it's a nag but no biggy. pairing and re-pairing the remote in ATV seems to fix it until it breaks again
Well...hate to jump on the bandwagon...

My issue is similar. After a while (days) of no use, when I do decide to watch a movie on my ATV /w XBMC, I lose remote function. I then have to SSH and do a sudo reboot and eveything works again...until some threshold of non-use.

Seems to me to be a timeout of some sort. What I do notice however, is when the remote stops functioning, I can use the iPhone app to navigate just fine. So there is def. something timing out the IR on the ATV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Broke ATV remote0