Videos Not Showing - Ubuntu 10.04
I'm trying to setup an HTPC with XBMC. I'm on Ubuntu 10.04. I've installed XBMC and I've imported all of my movies.

In XBMC there is no sound or video. In MPlayer the videos weren't showing either. Since then, I've installed tons of gstreamer and ffmpeg codecs and the videos have sound and video in MPlayer but they still don't show in XBMC.

I also installed Boxee which I know is a fork of XBMC and they don't play correctly in there either. Same problem.

I did a lot searching and a lot of things on the XBMC wiki but I haven't lucked out yet. Something tells me I'm missing something. I can't seem to find any information on this problem??

I did skim across something about NVIDIA cards, and maybe ATI cards? I do have ATI integrated graphics.

I'm pretty new to Ubuntu, first time actually using it. I'm toyed with a lot and messed with the terminal so I'm getting used to it. But, I'm definitely a n00b.
Start here
teranceh Wrote:I'm trying to setup an HTPC with XBMC. I'm on Ubuntu 10.04.

did you follow this guide?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Step_Guide
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Alright, check it out.

I found my solution here:
http://www.loggn.de/all-in-one-howto-ubu...-testing2/

Quote:In the comments was about the problem, only sound and no picture when using ATI Radeon HD cards discussed. The solution is simple. You must set the video settings in XBMC the coder to the simplest software or hardware encoder. With software-based encoder or shader is assumed fglrx, with kater believe this is the base shader a bit works better. (Thanks to tomcat and anon)

It has everything to do with the integrated ATI graphics. I'm not sure why I never thought to mess with the video settings. I got stuck on codecs.

Nevertheless, there's video and audio and it's sweet. Thanks for helping out. Next time I'll post the specifics right away, didn't notice it this time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos Not Showing - Ubuntu 10.040