How do I mount my mac OS X share/drive?
Ok, I've searched until blue in the face and have not found one working way to mount my OSX share on Ubuntu, is it at all possible?

Cheers.
mrloofer Wrote:Ok, I've searched until blue in the face and have not found one working way to mount my OSX share on Ubuntu, is it at all possible?

Cheers.

yes, setup your share on osx as SMB
Thanks davilla but I tried that. I created a share in OSX, turned off firewall, gave it guest access then when I try to add source in XBMC it does not see the share or I get a connection timed out error.
mrloofer Wrote:Thanks davilla but I tried that. I created a share in OSX, turned off firewall, gave it guest access then when I try to add source in XBMC it does not see the share or I get a connection timed out error.

Let me guess, 10.6.x ?
Yup! I take it you can't do it with Leopard?
mrloofer Wrote:Yup! I take it you can't do it with Leopard?

yep, 10.4/10.5 work fine. 10.6.x has some issues. lot's of links on fixes via google
Google NFS Manager for OSX. This allows you to share folders on your MAC as an NFS volume. You can then mount the NFS volume under Ubuntu or Live and the drive will function as a local drive through XBMC.

I used to use SMB shares but had a nightmare when I upgraded to Snow Leopard. HD films greater than 2Gb would just stop playing and scanning through files would take ages whereas it used to be instantaneous.
+1

i'm using nfs manager together with autofs. works super slick.

-> http://www.bresink.com/osx/NFSManager-de.html
Thanks guys. I downloaded NFS manager and all now works great!

Thanks!!
NFS rocks, but is hard. I have been using linux for 7 years and I stil HATE toying with NFS.

I personally think the best solution is to just fix 10.6's Samba sharing. Here is how:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?s...2135148675

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I mount my mac OS X share/drive?0