Fanart is the same for all 568 movies
Hello all,

I have my movie and tv shows on a server and run XBMC live on another pc.
I run all my files through Ember Media Manager first and save the fanart, Posters and nfo files to my server in the respective folders. Here recently, I added about 150 movies to my server folder after running through EMM. I then went to the XBMC live pc and scanned that source for new content. After that, the 150 movies I had ripped were all showing the same fanart and info but the posters were correct. I removed source and cleared all the data(I think), then re entered the source and all 528 movies in my collection had the same fanart and info and the posters were correct. I then checked my movies in Ember and all content seems fine.

I am running XBMC Live 9.11
no changes have been made other than adding sources.

Anything you can do to help would be great. Thanks,
Your scan settings are wrong by the sounds of things. Perhaps you ticked "use foldernames for lookups" when you don't have each movie in it's own folder?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hey, Thanks for the reply.

I Only use that option for TV shows. All I do is set content to "Movies", then check the " Run Automated Scan" and "Scan recursively".

Also, I completely removed the movie 1408 from My server that the fanart for every movie seems to be. And then removed source, re-added source, and all of the movies are still showing 1408 fanart and info. Posters are fine though.......I'm lost.
The option isn't available for tvshows.

Give exact details of how your files are laid out, which folder you "set content" on, and the exact settings you set.

A debug log of you scanning said folder would also be informative.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

OK thanks, I'll get back to you
OK, Heres a Log. I hope it's the right one. First time looking into this. Thanks,

http://pastebin.com/w7jdZxfN

Also, When Adding source i go to SMB, Server, Movies/Ripped.
Then i set content to Movies,
Then I tick "Run Automated Scan"
Then I tick "Scan recursively'

let me know If i'm doing anything wrong. Thanks.
Caching image from: smb://deadpool:bullit22@UNIVERSE/Movies/Ripped/fanart.jpg

Get rid of said image.

WOW. That was freaking easy. Thank you. I also had a file name Movie.nfo that i removed on the server as well. Now everything is back to normal. A suggestion on how to prevent this in the future..At least I know what to do now.
Ideally it wouldn't look for fanart.jpg until it had already found other fanart. I presume you have moviename-fanart.jpg or similar files?

that is the correct, moviename-fanart.jpg.
Thanks - I've added a ticket for this with a patch that should address it. Assuming I haven't missed anything it'll be remedied in 10.05

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9400

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart is the same for all 568 movies0