• 4(current)
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
As a sucker for new thoughts on design I am currently testdriving this. Although it will not replace my main machine's skin it is on my test machine right now.

Quote:probably some of overlapping label issues
Indeed, when playing a TV series the channel logo will overlap with the resolution (e.g. 720)icon

Also what was your reasoning behind having an "unwatched" overlay since it is counter intuitive to me comming from a "watched" overlay. Bear in mind not critic just wondering what your train of thought was and hoping it's not "just wanted to be different cause I'm Dutch Wink"
MeqTrader Wrote:Also what was your reasoning behind having an "unwatched" overlay since it is counter intuitive to me comming from a "watched" overlay. Bear in mind not critic just wondering what your train of thought was and hoping it's not "just wanted to be different cause I'm Dutch Wink"

Because it is counter intuitive for me to do it the other way around really.
I guess it's what you're used to.
Best way I can explain it is: why have a visual indicator there nearly 100% of the time, while having a visual indicator there n% of the time gives you the exact same visual indication.
Only things i dislike is, as mentioned before by jmarshall, exiting videonav to the right especially when you can exit the view chooser both left and right. Why not making it able to do the same?

Have seen 3 different clocks. Home clock, Library clock and weather clock. Personally i prefer the library clock. Date and time.

But overall many thanks for your work Jeroen, truly a wonderfull skin and run really well on low specs machines. Thanks again Big Grin

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:Only things i dislike is, as mentioned before by jmarshall, exiting videonav to the right especially when you can exit the view chooser both left and right. Why not making it able to do the same?

The thing is, you expect that type of behaviour just because of the way it is in another skin. And I would not be surprised that if I would change this now, there's going to be people that are going to say they thought the other way was better.

Take the first Focus skin, it was the first skin to have submenus on the homescreen menu. It basically was a horizontal version of the type of menu you see in Confluence. So you had to push down instead of right to get to the submenu. I had people ask to have it open on clicking it back then...

Besides that it's not just a matter of why not. The way the menu is built, it's simply not possible to use right to open the submenu. I have tried to do it differently when I was building it, but believe me when I say it's not as simple as it seems. I could explain in length what limitations I would encounter and why the way Confluence does it won't work in reFocus but I would only bore you and myself.

And last but not least, I just prefer it this way. I don't want to sound mean (this is not directed at you personally, but in general) and I hope people like the skin, but my own preferences matter too.
Sometimes it's simply going to be a matter of accepting why I did things a certain way.

Quote:Have seen 3 different clocks. Home clock, Library clock and weather clock. Personally i prefer the library clock. Date and time.
In the weather screen it's not the time, but the time the weather was last updated. The clock on the homescreen looks a bit different because otherwise you wouldn't be able to read it when there's a light background behind it. This is going to be the same for weather. And adding an option to show the date too is on my todo list.

Quote:But overall many thanks for your work Jeroen, truly a wonderfull skin and run really well on low specs machines. Thanks again Big Grin
Thank you Smile
Jeroen Wrote:And last but not least, I just prefer it this way. I don't want to sound mean (this is not directed at you personally, but in general) and I hope people like the skin, but my own preferences matter too.
Sometimes it's simply going to be a matter of accepting why I did things a certain way.

Ofc it's your skin, ofc ist's not directed at anyone in special but to all xbmc users, i'm just saying that if you have the view chooser menu that exits both left and right maybe the videonav menu could exit both left and right.

I just think it's not natural to have 3 submenus that exit one left, one right and one both ways. I think they should have the same behaviour, that's all.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Jeroen, a small observation: when in library (tv shows and movies) and choosing "settings" from contextual menu, upon return you are taken to main menu, not back to library as expected. Can this be corrected ?
Jeroen -

First off, I'd like to tell you how very impressed I've been with your skin so far! I appreciate too that you are not trying to appease everyone - just build in a feature set that suites you.

There is one feature that is very important to me, and I was hoping you might consider. In Confluence for instance, when you are scrolling through a long list, you can press the right button to access a scroll that jumps a page at a time. With a large collection, myself and my family use this a LOT.

Is there any chance you would consider adding this sort of functionality?

If not, I totally understand - I may have to bring out Notepad+ and try my hand at some modding again!
xbs08 Wrote:Ofc it's your skin, ofc ist's not directed at anyone in special but to all xbmc users, i'm just saying that if you have the view chooser menu that exits both left and right maybe the videonav menu could exit both left and right.

I just think it's not natural to have 3 submenus that exit one left, one right and one both ways. I think they should have the same behaviour, that's all.

You do have a point, I understand what you're saying. If I could find a way to have the homescreen menu behave like you describe and make the current way an option, I would build it right now.
The difference with the view chooser menu (and therefore the tricky part) is that it only needs to do one thing: make 1 menu appear/disappear. On the homescreen one menu is already present and it needs to call several other submenus.

If xbmc would allow something like <onright>SetFocus(1110)</onright> this would actually be really easy. Jonathan, are you there? Big Grin

Galefury Wrote:Jeroen, a small observation: when in library (tv shows and movies) and choosing "settings" from contextual menu, upon return you are taken to main menu, not back to library as expected. Can this be corrected ?
Yes, that's not the way it should be. I fixed this earlier today an will be in an update. If you want a quick fix, open SettingsCategory.xml and delete the fourth line.
blacklist Wrote:There is one feature that is very important to me, and I was hoping you might consider. In Confluence for instance, when you are scrolling through a long list, you can press the right button to access a scroll that jumps a page at a time. With a large collection, myself and my family use this a LOT.

Is there any chance you would consider adding this sort of functionality?

Thanks. Isn't that just the scrollbar though Huh Correct me if I'm wrong.
I only know that a little dialog comes up showing you what character you're at currently while scrolling. Is that what you mean? If so, yes I plan to add that.
Hey Jeroen! I've been excited about the release of this skin ever since you first announced it, and I must say, it's even better than I had anticipated. I love the simplicity of it, the typography/font choices are wonderful (yes, I'm a fan of the forced lowercase Wink ), and it performs incredibly well. This is absolutely my favourite xbmc skin. Ignore the critics and keep doing what you're doing! I, for one, appreciate all your hard work Smile
Think clean simple elegant probably sums it up for me, just one small observation posters are being cut off slightly top and bottom both in slide view and info only noticed because of one poster missing some writing

I prefer lower case but is it meant to be all lower case even at the beginning of sentences single words no upper case on the first letter its the only thing that looks odd to me :confused2:
Jeroen Wrote:Thanks. Isn't that just the scrollbar though Huh Correct me if I'm wrong.
I only know that a little dialog comes up showing you what character you're at currently while scrolling. Is that what you mean? If so, yes I plan to add that.

Its a scrollbar, yes - but when you use it it jumps a page at a time vs. one item at a time when you scroll. Just makes running through 1600 movies a lot quicker!
>>X<<' Wrote:Think clean simple elegant probably sums it up for me, just one small observation posters are being cut off slightly top and bottom both in slide view and info only noticed because of one poster missing some writing

I prefer lower case but is it meant to be all lower case even at the beginning of sentences single words no upper case on the first letter its the only thing that looks odd to me :confused2:

Yes! +1 for all lower case!!!
Jeroen, you are doing a great job. This is a top notch skin and it isn't even finished. I love its simplicity. This must be the first skin I would change a thing about.
Now got it working since the latest build of XBMC.
Great skin. Only one annoyance. All lower cases. fringe should be Fringe.

lol.

Can I Change this myself?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)14