Light jerkiness when playing videos with XBMC (compared to MPC-HC)
bleze Wrote:On DVD's it was normal that there was an offset between video and sound. When ripping you in the old days, you have to enter this offset (-175 or whatever) to have your new encode be in sync. So this might be a wrong encode or perhaps XBMC does not read such values AND/OR uses it.
Not sure if this applies nowadays though...

I don't really want to go into details but these encodes come from various groups in the 'scene' and I've had now more than 10 test videos from different sourced created by different groups.

So I'm quite certain that there is nothing wrong with encodes itself, and in a way I became certain after I tested those videos with MPC-HC -> no sync problems there.

So basically only problem that remains is to understand the underlying cause why this offset appears in only XBMC but not for instance in MPC-HC and maybe create a robust and system-wide solution for it.

Currently I'm able to counter this desync with XBMC's audio offset function ('A' on keyboard) but it works "per video" basis and I'd love it if there was a way to solve it for all videos at once. Haven't still found it. It's just a bit irritating to grab the keyboard in the beginning of each video because I haven't been able to map this option into my MCE-remote yet.
hyperionfin Wrote:I don't really want to go into details but these encodes come from various groups in the 'scene' and I've had now more than 10 test videos from different sourced created by different groups.

So I'm quite certain that there is nothing wrong with encodes itself, and in a way I became certain after I tested those videos with MPC-HC -> no sync problems there.

So basically only problem that remains is to understand the underlying cause why this offset appears in only XBMC but not for instance in MPC-HC and maybe create a robust and system-wide solution for it.

Currently I'm able to counter this desync with XBMC's audio offset function ('A' on keyboard) but it works "per video" basis and I'd love it if there was a way to solve it for all videos at once. Haven't still found it. It's just a bit irritating to grab the keyboard in the beginning of each video because I haven't been able to map this option into my MCE-remote yet.

Try EventGhost. It lets you configure any button to do anything (I have buttons that adjust audio and subtitle offsets directly).

By the way, I'm using mpc-hc as an external player for now. I don't have any problems with audio sync/stuttering anymore.
nullpointrninja Wrote:Try EventGhost. It lets you configure any button to do anything (I have buttons that adjust audio and subtitle offsets directly).

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try it out maybe today.

But still I'd really love it if it was possible to play movies with no syncing problems in the first place. And I wouldn't want to do it by using MPC-HC as an external player. Tips, anyone?
hyperionfin Wrote:Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try it out maybe today.

But still I'd really love it if it was possible to play movies with no syncing problems in the first place. And I wouldn't want to do it by using MPC-HC as an external player. Tips, anyone?

So I know that this thread is months old, but I was wondering if this problem was ever solved. (the new audio sync problem). I'm brand new to xbmc (love it btw) but I noticed I had the same stuttering problem mentioned by the op. Found this thread followed the op's advice, turned off aero and turned on the "auto match refresh rate" (or whatever it's called) and playback was perfect (no stutters). But now I've got the same audio offset problem. Usually it's between .175ms and .225ms for hd mkv files (though sometimes randomly the sound is right on) and .3ms for .avi files. Still need to tinker a bit with the second refresh option (I forget what it's called) but I'm kind of annoyed that putting together an htpc is so difficult even with a corei3 processor 8gb of ram and an ati4230 card.

Did we ever find a solution for this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Light jerkiness when playing videos with XBMC (compared to MPC-HC)0