Listcontrol thumbnails.
i was using "good old" xbmc 1.1 the other day and i kinda miss the old default* icons next to listcontrol items.
the thumbnails idea is pretty cool, but when the thumbs are so small they pretty much become a blob of color (when viewed from a distance on a tv).
this might be ok for album art because you can kinda figure out what you are looking at, but when the particular item doesn't have a thumbnail it displays a tiny version of the "big" default thumb for that type of file.

imo having separate large and small icons looks much better.

here is a screenshot since i probably did a horrible job of explaining it.

is there any chance that a <usethumbs>false</usethumbs> tag could be added to the listcontrols, or maybe have it fall back to the "old" icons when no thumbs are available?
good idea.

the main reason it was added was so that in the filemanager we didn't have to have a thumbs view. in particular, it was so that people could remove specific cached thumbs without knowing the crc code of it.

this idea, however, would present the best of both worlds.

once i'm done with the settings stuff, i'll implement it.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yea i'd love to have that back too

maybe just make the lists act as before, and have only *.tbn overriding it

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(jmarshall @ nov. 25 2004,22:30 Wrote:good idea.

the main reason it was added was so that in the filemanager we didn't have to have a thumbs view. in particular, it was so that people could remove specific cached thumbs without knowing the crc code of it.

this idea, however, would present the best of both worlds.

once i'm done with the settings stuff, i'll implement it.

cheers,
jonathan

thanks. you rock.
hmm... maybe it's just me, but it appears that in the current cvs the default icons have been replaced by thumbs once again?

just curious if this was intentional or not before i start changing icons so they look good at both sizes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Listcontrol thumbnails.0