Specifying not to add to library
I have been using XBMC for a long time and recently I tried to perform a simple task but for some reason either I am overlooking something or I need to add it to one of the XMLs. I've tried searching but nothing specific seems to assist with my question. Forgive me if this question is asked, I have tried searching for all sorts of entries in the forums.

I have the video folder (file mode) which shows all my videos (as it should). I have setup movies to be put into the movie library via scraping as well as the tv shows. Then there's shows that I want to scrape the data from but not add to the library. I have put those in their own source and I selected the "Exclude path from library updates" on the folder which contains the videos I wish to keep as just videos.

After I had finished scraping the videos, I decided to go into TV shows and behold, the files I didn't want in the library are there. So I selected one of the shows I didn't want there and removed it, doing so removed the scraped data... so now I'm stuck.

Is it common for scraping say "tv shows" that they are automatically linked to the TV Show Library? Is there a way to hard code in the XML a method to force a particular source not to even see the library but still scrape information?

I've used both the stable camelot release as well as the newest nightly build (as of the 21st) and the same problem exists for me. I'm pretty good moving around an XML and the FAQ and Wiki are very helpful resources that I have been searching through for the past few days in an attempt to figure it out myself.

Thanks Smile
If it's scraped information then it's in the Library. After all, where else would we store that info.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yeah you have a point, I guess I'll just have to manually integrate fanart and cover art for the videos that I do not want in the library.

I was just basically looking to separate two types of "shows" Foreign and Domestic since I renamed "videos" to "Foreign TV" and relinked it to videofiles,<nameofsource> in the XML, since together it looks overly messy (File OCD).

Thanks for the response Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Specifying not to add to library0