[Live] Need help getting remote working - I have searched prior to posting request
I appreciate your help in advance as I am new to Linux. I have read many posts here, guides on places like mini-itx.com and the wiki but to no avail.

What I have:
Receiver - I have two that I can use
1. (Prefered) - some USB receiver built into a Silverston LC-02 case that was modded for Tully InteracTV. Link
2. HP USB that I use on Windows based PC and it works great there

Remote - Harmony 900 RF remote (setup as MCE and working in Windows version)

Motherboard - ASRock A330ION Link

XBMC Live 9.11 (From main page download site)

I have tried the mode2 thing outlined in a post and I get the same result as this user that did not receive an answer as to what is happening. Link

Am I suppose to replace the lirc.conf file with this file: http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/logitech/HarmonyOne

As you can see I am totally lost and need some help......Please help Smile So I can return to all that is XBMC goodness just not on Windows.

Thanks,
Kevin
if you want to try that config just move the original somewhere else for a bit Smile

when you install lirc it asks your remote type and generates the conf for you, you could try this ?
Try my half-assed guide for a walkthrough of LIRC. Hope it helps

Guide to LIRC

The first step will clear your lirc.conf file and start up the gui to select remotes/receivers. I think the harmony is in that list, if not take that file you listed and place it in /etc/lirc
Thanks. I do not recall ever seeing an option to select remote so this will help. I will follow your instructions tonight and update you if it worked.

thanks again,Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Need help getting remote working - I have searched prior to posting request0