• 10(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska
jamesdew Wrote:Yes but only when you actually select the show, the title of an episode is meaningless when you just want to see what new stuff is available. As per your example screenshot, what is "episode 2" "episode 3" "in the red" i have no idea and unless you select each one neither would you.

I know "to keep us safe" is another episode of the event but only because I have already seen it, the whole point of the recently added list is to see new things that you have not seen yet.

I understand you can just press up on the homscreen but I often have more than 4 items, and sometimes you just want to look at the list to see whats new, not necessarily to actually watch it.

See how confluence handles it. The list is %showname% - %episode name%

I did try to modify this myself but it seems im not very good at xml

I could quite easily do it how Confluence does but with Alaska we like to separate the Episode Number and Title by design. What I can do however is add the TV Show Title to the the Episode Title when, and only when, you're in the Recently Added section.

As for the Picture modes, that's just how they're designed. Maybe use Files mode for the largest image.
Hitcher Wrote:I could quite easily do it how Confluence does but with Alaska we like to separate the Episode Number and Title by design. What I can do however is add the TV Show Title to the the Episode Title when, and only when, you're in the Recently Added section.

As for the Picture modes, that's just how they're designed. Maybe use Files mode for the largest image.

that would be fantastic if you could do that, I agree you dont need the showname when you already navigated to that show since you should know where you are.

i can put up with the pictures modes

Thanks again for replying to my comments and for your excellent work on this skin.
Hitcher,

I have a file that doesn't show audio channel flags. When given command "file movie.avi", it shows:

RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 1280 x 688, 23.98 fps, video: XviD, audio: Dolby AC3 (4 channels, 48000 Hz)

But playing the video says that it has 2 channels. Who knows what XBMC tells you what the channels are, but whatever it is Alaska doesn't show the channel flag for this file (it shows the codec flag).

Another file with 3.0 channels also doesn't show the channel flag. It has two different tracks:

+ A track
| + Track number: 2
| + Track UID: 1964812946
| + Track type: audio
| + Enabled: 1
| + Default flag: 1
| + Forced flag: 0
| + Lacing flag: 1
| + MinCache: 0
| + Timecode scale: 1
| + Max BlockAddition ID: 0
| + Codec ID: A_AC3
| + Codec decode all: 1
| + Default duration: 32.000ms (31.250 fps for a video track)
| + Language: eng
| + Audio track
| + Sampling frequency: 48000
| + Channels: 3
| + A track
| + Track number: 3
| + Track UID: 1960414360
| + Track type: audio
| + Enabled: 1
| + Default flag: 0
| + Forced flag: 0
| + Lacing flag: 1
| + MinCache: 0
| + Timecode scale: 1
| + Max BlockAddition ID: 0
| + Codec ID: A_AC3
| + Codec decode all: 1
| + Default duration: 32.000ms (31.250 fps for a video track)
| + Language: eng
| + Audio track
| + Sampling frequency: 48000
| + Channels: 2
Is this DD or DTS?
Hitcher Wrote:Is this DD or DTS?

Both files are DD.

Incidentally, I converted the avi file to mkv and mkvinfo shows 4 channels for it fine, but Alaska doesn't show it. That's weird because I have other 4.0 channel movies and it shows the flag for them fine (and at least one of them is DD too).
What do other skins display?
Hitcher Wrote:What do other skins display?

It's 3.0. I checked what XBMC sees for the 4.0 channel video and it sees 3.0 channels. Weird. Anyways, looks like the 3.0 flag is missing.
Wouldn't 3 channels be 2.1?
Hitcher Wrote:Wouldn't 3 channels be 2.1?

Well, I don't know what the flag should be in the end, 3.0 or 2.1. XBMC just says AC3 3 channels. And I don't appear to have other skin that would show the channels. Confluence doesn't show it, and Back Row cannot figure out the channels either. It doesn't show anything.
Maybe ask in another part of the forum because it looks like XBMC doesn't even use 3 so it wont even appear if I add a flag.

Quote:ListItem.AudioChannels Shows the number of audio channels of the currently selected video (possible values: 0, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8)
Hitcher Wrote:Maybe ask in another part of the forum because it looks like XBMC doesn't even use 3 so it wont even appear if I add a flag.

Yeah, I guess I have to it. One of the videos was a DVD rip from Working Girl DVD, which I still have. The back cover of the DVD says: Audio: English, 3.0; English Dolby Surround.
Can you please confirm if this is not skin related http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10511

Thx Wink
It wont be skin related as they all enter the same library the same way.
I'm not near my ubuntu xbmc pc, so I wonder if somebody can try to reproduce this with confluence skin.

All you have to do is to set Master lock password (I've selected numbers) and then to try to read video library.

It will help a lot with this bug report.

Thx.
Hitcher Wrote:I could quite easily do it how Confluence does but with Alaska we like to separate the Episode Number and Title by design. What I can do however is add the TV Show Title to the the Episode Title when, and only when, you're in the Recently Added section.

Thanks a lot for doing this Hitcher, I am now converting back to your skin.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska0